Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

smittybilt SRC gen 2 front bumper

Old 04-26-2015, 04:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you think control box would work better passenger side mounted?
Old 04-29-2015, 06:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by c5er
Did the supplied battery cables reach the battery? How did you route them? I have been fighting with the winch install today. Fair lead bolts were too big to fit the bumper. Control box didn't want to bolt up without loosening the crossbars of the winch...
Sorry I haven't responded. Used the supplied cables with no problem. Came up through the engine compartment next to the battery tray. Used zip ties to secure everything. I also had to loosen up the rails to install the control box. I think it's s better fit in the center of the winch.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geez no wonder there's 500 of these winches on back order. Got and installed mine today in about 45 minutes on a body armor mid stubby bumper. Waiting for this little guy to arrive still Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3587811991.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	608804 Supplied wires reach battery perfectly. Also mounted mine top center because the optional side brackets look like they would blow away.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3370581847.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	608805

if you can read this, my Jeep is broken....

Quick Reply: smittybilt SRC gen 2 front bumper