Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

snorkel/roof rack or windshield light bar

Old 03-31-2011, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default snorkel/roof rack or windshield light bar

I'm in the market for a snorkel and either a roof rack or a light bar but most snorkels run along the windshield like the rack will do and I'm wandering if its even possible to do both or will I have to choose one or the other.

I've seen the cowl snorkels but I'm not sure if I like it because I won't be able to run dual batteries with it.

Any Suggestions will help or pics if anyone has a set up like this.
Thanks guys
Old 03-31-2011, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

not true about the cowel snorkel and dual batteries. The one Dirtman designed would allow for duals I believe. He made a bracket that relocates the air box and the way things sit inside so you can squeeze one in there.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I knew it was your jeep that had but i just saw a pic of it without the light bar must have been before you made it. thanks thats what im looking for I' ll just have to make the bar what size and kind of pipe did you use for it.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nickit1981
not true about the cowel snorkel and dual batteries. The one Dirtman designed would allow for duals I believe. He made a bracket that relocates the air box and the way things sit inside so you can squeeze one in there.
OH cool is there any chance to get some pics of how that all fits in there
Old 03-31-2011, 05:08 PM
JK Junkie

Echo has a great light bar and there is a guy in Galveston who has a rockin' snorkel that he designed. I can't for the life of me think of his forum name right now.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rterese12
OH cool is there any chance to get some pics of how that all fits in there
i know he posted a write up on here. If you send him a PM he would probably send you the link. Or you could search for it. His shop is awesome and I think they have put it in a couple other jeeps. i am going to have him help me put it in mine. I think after the parts it costs around 100 bucks roughly.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:11 PM
JK Junkie

AlmightyCrash is the guy with the snorkle I like.

Trending Topics

Old 03-31-2011, 05:16 PM
JK Freak

just a side note possibility, you could get the rugged ridge light bar and there snorkel should be coming out at the end of this summer hopefully. its also a modular snorkel so you can have it as a full tall snorkel with a ram air intake/ pre filter or the short version for DD as a prefilter or ram air and its aiming for around 400 buck for it. i dont work for them but they do have some pretty bad as gear. as far as the roof rack im not sure which ones would work with it but they said it would work with a few and it will also accommodate dual batteries. but unfortunately they dont have any of the under hood pics yet. just a thought if your waiting to get this done.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:17 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ECHO
Thanks .. You are talking about "AlmightyCrash"He had the homemade Snorkel with the skull on top
Yep I was looking for him while you posted this, lol! Thanks Echo
Old 03-31-2011, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SIDsjeep
just a side note possibility, you could get the rugged ridge light bar and there snorkel should be coming out at the end of this summer hopefully. its also a modular snorkel so you can have it as a full tall snorkel with a ram air intake/ pre filter or the short version for DD as a prefilter or ram air and its aiming for around 400 buck for it. i dont work for them but they do have some pretty bad as gear. as far as the roof rack im not sure which ones would work with it but they said it would work with a few and it will also accommodate dual batteries. but unfortunately they dont have any of the under hood pics yet. just a thought if your waiting to get this done.
yeah thats definitely a possibility but the more I look at dirtmans snorkel design the more i like it I pmed him to see if i could get the measurements for the battery tray just waiting on a reply.

Quick Reply: snorkel/roof rack or windshield light bar