Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tony Hawk's Jeep Railslide -- Video

Old 08-09-2007, 03:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just because a firm spends alot of money on marketing doesn't mean they know what they're doing. i work in advertising so i know first hand how much money major companies waste on stupid/worthless campaigns.

go to google, type in "average skateboarder age":

now maybe if they were marketing pizza, or video games. its a pretty small segment of the consumer base. on top of that, an even smaller percentage of that segment that can drive or afford a vehicle.

now jeep did do a good job of making a myspace presence. now if they could just get a second life dealership or offroad course.

Last edited by bcperry2000; 08-09-2007 at 03:32 PM.
          Old 08-09-2007, 06:18 PM
          JK Enthusiast

Its the lifestyle, not just the "skateboarders" Tony hawk brings the Extreme sports crowd. Skate, snowboard, ski, Surf, wake, you name it.

I think it works for what they were looking to do.

Like i siad before its not like this is their only add its one of many. And one aimed at the X-treme sports lifestyle.
          Old 08-09-2007, 06:36 PM
          JK Freak

yeah, i agree with that they need to do more advertising to draw in extreme sports types. i remember when nissan started doing all the commercials for xterra. now those were great. guys backing their xterra up to a cave, tying up to the hitch, and repelling down. those were just cool
          Old 08-09-2007, 06:47 PM
          JK Enthusiast

Nissan did very well with the xterra and the sprts crowd. I even test drove one when they first came out. It just didnt do it for me.
          Old 08-09-2007, 07:41 PM
          JK Freak

yea, i liked those too, i just hate a stupid commercial....there are so many out there that are just insulting....i also dont like movies that have unbelievable stunts....prolly why i dont like the tony hawk one.....like i took this pic of my buddies and my jeep by throwing the camera up in the air with the timer on....worked eh?

Old 08-10-2007, 01:24 AM
          JK Newbie

I was a skateboader back in the late 80's. Tony Hawk is the king of skateboading! I'm sure that many former skateboaders like me can afford Jeep now.

I don't do skateboading anymore but it's nice to see that ad. No wonder all the skateboader kids around my neighborhood compliment my JK Unlimited Rubicon!
          Old 08-10-2007, 03:13 AM
          JK Freak

yea....the commercial is really growing on me now, im thinking we need one now where the JK goes up and down the snow packed half pike driven by the flying tomato.......or as us redneck texans say taaaaaaaaaamaaaaaaaaato
          Old 08-10-2007, 03:55 AM
          JK Super Freak

I wonder what kind of rock rails it takes to make a slide like that????
          Face it guys offroading is an extreeme sport just like bungee jumping and base jumping. Skateboarding also falls in there just like surfing. They are all connected and many who do one also do the others and a jeep is a good vehicle platform for all of them. Hell we all know surfing and skatboarding go hand in hand in coastal areas and I could drive by a dealership any given day and see the topless jeep with surfboards on it. This is just the logical extension of that.
          Old 08-10-2007, 05:37 AM
          JK Enthusiast

i used to skateboard. i like the commercial. ftw
          Old 08-10-2007, 06:36 AM
          JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bcperry2000
            Just out of curiosity, how many of those 10 million are about to get their license, and have parents who would happily buy that new jeep for them, or for themselves? Just pointing out that the market is not so much the young skaters, as their parents who are likely to be watching TV with them and will see the commercial as a side effect of their children's viewing habits. The fact that their kids find the vehicle cool might also just factor into the purchase decision...

Quick Reply: Tony Hawk's Jeep Railslide -- Video