Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Trektop nx

Old 09-09-2011, 07:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trektop nx

Who has one? Would love feedback and pics. I have the original and want to know if it is worth the upgrade. Thanks
Old 09-09-2011, 12:41 PM
JK Super Freak

I didn't have the 1st Gen Trektop, but going from the stock 2008 softtop to the Trektop NX is a huge improvement IMO.

Love being able to run it in bikini mode and still have a sunrider option. I have zero complaints with my trektop, fit great, no leaks so far and couldn't really be happier.

I do recommend using a OEM tailgate bar though if you have a stock soft top, makes lifting the rear window to load cargo much easier.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:23 PM
JK Newbie

Just installed mine. seems ok not happy with the fact that is fully come down the way the factory top did. Reading these replies Im wondering how to use the factory gate seal to make it easy to open????the new top is a pain to remove rear window.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Cedo Nulli
I didn't have the 1st Gen Trektop, but going from the stock 2008 softtop to the Trektop NX is a huge improvement IMO.

Love being able to run it in bikini mode and still have a sunrider option. I have zero complaints with my trektop, fit great, no leaks so far and couldn't really be happier.

I do recommend using a OEM tailgate bar though if you have a stock soft top, makes lifting the rear window to load cargo much easier.
how do I keep the original tailgate bar?
Old 09-09-2011, 01:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Completely remove the bestop tailgate bar. Put the "C"s back on the top of the bed rails on either side of the tail gate and slide the bottom of the window back in the stock tailgate bar goove just like the stock rear window attached to it.

Done.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have an original, and have only read about the NX here. I understand the main difference is the removable side windows on the NX. I roll fully topped, or fully untopped, so they are the same for my purposes. Mine doesn't leak with the hard doors. I haven't tried it in the rain with my soft doors yet. Probably won't till next Spring.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:57 PM
JK Newbie

I have the JK 2 door NX and I have a problem when just running with the top on and the sides and rear windows out. The Rear support bar starts flapping when you start to get over 50 mph and eventually it slides over to far and the rear falls in and I have to pull over to fix. I emailed Bestop and haven't heard back.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:51 AM
JK Newbie

I just installed mine last night. Went from hardtop to NX. cant say it was easy to install, it seems as though nothing quite fit right, here in CT it was 85 degrees when I installed it and it was pretty pliable. Some of the issues may have been that I have much experience with YJ bestops but no experience with TJ or JK so it was a whole new ballgame with the cable and latches. also the rear support bar just doesnt seem right, is it suppost to just sit on top of the rear bars? and I am generally confused on how to take the whole thing off.

I'll post pics later today.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Love mine

Old 09-13-2011, 06:24 AM
JK Freak

I like what I am hearing. Might have to get one ordered here soon.

Quick Reply: Trektop nx