Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tuffy JK Rear Security Drawer Pics

Old 10-08-2007, 06:49 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JKevbo
Has anyone installed this with the rear sub woofer? I am curious if it still sounds good.
I don't see how it possibly could..especially considering how lacking it is from the beginning.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
I don't see how it possibly could..especially considering how lacking it is from the beginning.
That's what I was hinting around at. I know how bad the sub sounded in the TJ middle console. Just curious if the sub being so close to the Tuffy box would cause the same type of poor sound quality.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:17 PM
JK Freak

Wish they offered one for the bunch of us that arnt pimps and couldnt afford a sub woofer, id like to have the extra storage.......Looks good though. Did I miss a price??
Old 10-08-2007, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKevbo
Has anyone installed this with the rear sub woofer? I am curious if it still sounds good.
I did not notice any sound difference after the drawer was installed.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayland1985
What happens if you need extra room in the back? For example, say you bought a TV or something, and wanted to fold the back seats up, does the drawer come out easy?

Also, is there any drilling involved?
There is no drilling, but it does not come out easily. To be removed it basically has to be disassembled.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 00pumpkin
Wish they offered one for the bunch of us that arnt pimps and couldnt afford a sub woofer, id like to have the extra storage.......Looks good though. Did I miss a price??
I belive it's in the 350 to 400 range. I checked on a coupel websites.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Duke
I did not notice any sound difference after the drawer was installed.
Thanks. You have me sold.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

That is exactly what I am doing. I ran out out of wire and have not had a chance to finish welding it up, but its close enough to finished to get the idea across. I will mount it to the top of my Tuffy Security Drawer. I intend to mount a fire extinguisher on each side and highlift jack to the front end (between it and the seat).

That's a nice looking rack on your trunk.

I know that was a joke from a 4th grader, but still funny.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayland1985
What happens if you need extra room in the back? For example, say you bought a TV or something, and wanted to fold the back seats up, does the drawer come out easy?

Also, is there any drilling involved?
No drilling involved. As far as a TV or something big, that's what the Expedition or F250 is for It'd be a pain to take it out.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:19 PM
JK Freak

That is exactly what I am doing. I ran out out of wire and have not had a chance to finish welding it up, but its close enough to finished to get the idea across. I will mount it to the top of my Tuffy Security Drawer. I intend to mount a fire extinguisher on each side and highlift jack to the front end (between it and the seat).
The rack looks great. I wanna do something like this or add some D rings somewhere for tie downs.

Last edited by JeepCacher; 10-08-2007 at 09:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Tuffy JK Rear Security Drawer Pics