Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Warrior Safari Sports Rack and Mirror Brackets

Old 07-30-2007, 07:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Warrior Safari Sports Rack and Mirror Brackets

This weekend I installed my sports rack and mirror relocation brackets. Overall I am real happy with the products. The rack has 4 brackets on the front for lights and 2 on the back (I'm thinking those also might serve as a a good Hi-Lift mounting point). It took me about 5 to 6 hours to install everything by myself.

I bonded 40 mil pvc to the back of all the mounting brackets to avoid any metal to metal contact.

The mirror brackets do vibrate a little at speed and they can be left on with the doors on but the mirrors need to be moved back to the doors because they hit the window frame when the door is open.

Now I need to measure and see when I install my 2" lift if I'll still be able to get out of the garage.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the rack fold back to allow removal of soft or hard tops?
Old 07-31-2007, 03:36 AM
JK Super Freak

The rack doesn't fold back but there is enough room between the rack and the top that I had no problem getting the freedom panels off and the back of the hard top looks like it should be able to slide backwards then come off without a problem, I haven't tried it yet. I don't have a soft top but if they work like the ones I have had on previous Jeeps the regular soft top shouldn't be a problem but there isn't room to flip the sunruner top back.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:10 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sweet..finally some installed pics of these. THank you. Could I get another pic from the front and a little closer in of that mirror mount. I'm still thinking on purchasing it but am not sold yet.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeepin Dad
The rack doesn't fold back but there is enough room between the rack and the top that I had no problem getting the freedom panels off and the back of the hard top looks like it should be able to slide backwards then come off without a problem, I haven't tried it yet. I don't have a soft top but if they work like the ones I have had on previous Jeeps the regular soft top shouldn't be a problem but there isn't room to flip the sunruner top back.
If there isn't room to flip the sunrider back then a soft top won't be usable since that is part of the whole process. :sad:
Old 07-31-2007, 05:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default looks good!

Finally, some decent pictures of that rack. Awesome install job .

How hard is it to remove the basket from the light bars? I know they designed the whole thing to just come off by pulling 4 pins, but if i got one, i'd be using the front light bar more than anything, and the basket would be for the long trips. So i was just wondering how much of a pain it is to take just the basket off?
Old 07-31-2007, 05:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
Sweet..finally some installed pics of these. THank you. Could I get another pic from the front and a little closer in of that mirror mount. I'm still thinking on purchasing it but am not sold yet.
I will try and get you those pics but my wife might have taken our camera with her to the Jersey shore and she won't be back for a couple of days. If she didn't I'll get them tonight.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
Finally, some decent pictures of that rack. Awesome install job .

How hard is it to remove the basket from the light bars? I know they designed the whole thing to just come off by pulling 4 pins, but if i got one, i'd be using the front light bar more than anything, and the basket would be for the long trips. So i was just wondering how much of a pain it is to take just the basket off?
The basket is attached to the light bars with 3 bolts on the front and the back. Hopefully I'll be making that Casparis run on the 11th and you can check it out in person.

Last edited by Jeepin Dad; 07-31-2007 at 05:59 AM.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:10 AM
JK Freak

Might be the pics, but the middle mount for the rack looks like it dented/buckled your side in. Is this the case?
Old 08-05-2007, 08:58 AM
dsy
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKJoe
Might be the pics, but the middle mount for the rack looks like it dented/buckled your side in. Is this the case?
Ouch, Sure does look buckled in the pic.

Quick Reply: Warrior Safari Sports Rack and Mirror Brackets