Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What to do?!

Old 02-08-2012, 12:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do?!

I am currently deployed overseas and due back in April. What better way to spend my hard earned money on giving my jeep a little makeover? My budget is about 2000 to 2500. Its a 2011 wrangler sport. Open for ideas on giving her a little attitude.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sell the stock wheels and tires get some new upgrades wheels and tires
Old 02-08-2012, 06:25 AM
JK Junkie

As I'm sure you know, wheels and tires will most likely eat up all of your budget or nearly close to it. So, it's your choice of course. Do you want to go with the shoes or do you want to go with a bunch of other little mods that will add up to the $2,500? You can get new front bumpers, winches, aux lights on windshield or bumper, grill inserts, grab handles, etc.

Mods are endless and an addiction., they don't say jeep stands for "J (just) E (empty) E (every) P (pocket) for nothing now!

There are tons of threads on here as to what mods people have done, how much they cost, and if you can do it yourself. Check em out, I know I did and benefitted from them greatly.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got 5 MB72 wheels and 5 bfg 35/12.5/15 km2s new from discount tire direct for like $1475 and would still give you enough for a decent lift kit.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:22 AM
JK Junkie

Well, that's bc you have a 15" wheel so the tire is going to be cheaper.... if the OP decides to keep his stock 16" or 17", the price goes up per tire. Tires/Wheels CAN eat up 1/2-3/4 of his budget depending on if wheels are being purchased too, size of wheel, 4 or 5 of each, etc.

It's all up to you tho of course, we are just here to point and stare.....hahahahaha
Old 02-08-2012, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Front bumper
Winch
Rear bumper
In that order until $ runs out.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:16 AM
JK Newbie

Great idea everyone. From what I gathered I need new shoes. I did a little research and this is what I gathered. I'm looking at 285 75 r16 or 17 BFg km2s. With pro comp 7028 rims. Should I go 16 or 17s? Also I'm looking to the bushwhacker fender flares. I'd like to wait on the lift because it will void the warranty. I feel the flare will give it enough clearance for minor off roading. On a side note. I have done a few minor upgrades (pictures to come) I stripped the carpet and put monstaliner in the interior. I highly recommend doing this. It looks great and easy to clean. I put Hellas on the front windshield. Also I got some gutter guard from lowes and spay painted them black and made inserts for the grill. It's coming along slowly but it's a work in progress. Also I'd love to Hear everyones opinion on the best jeep website to get parts.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:25 AM
JK Junkie

There's a ton out there my friend.... why don't you visit the "vendors" page on here. This way, you can message any of them for questions answered and most of the time, they offer free shipping and will price match a lot of other competitors.

Majority of all my rig's toys come from Quadratec, unbelieveable shipping times and great customer service. Some others will beg to differ, but being that I spent like $4,000 with them - I guess they know how to treat their high rollers, hahaha.....(vegas vacation quote for all you non-movie buffs) russ?! RUSS!!!???
Old 02-09-2012, 08:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Save over $400 dollars and cut fenders...free! Check out Wayoflife's write up. 2" OME lift HD springs from Northridge for @ $900...install yourself. Comes with Coils, Shocks, and Front and Rear Trackbars. Kit has some great reviews. Rough Country's new front bumper. Nice aggressive look for @ $190. At least that's my plan so far. Wifey's given me a budget about the same. Doing tons of research and have learned a lot on this forum.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:28 AM
JfK
JK Enthusiast

With that budget you could do (5) 33" tires on stock wheels, Spydertrac spacers, and a 2.5" budget boost of your choice.

If it were me, I'd get (5) 33" KM2s or Duratracs on stock wheels with spyder trac spacers, a basic front bumper and an Engo winch. That should get you through a ton of trails.

Quick Reply: What to do?!