Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 09-20-2008, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a new Ramsey Patriot 9500 UT. Hopefully I will have it mounted before the weekend is over!

Old 09-20-2008, 06:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Nice looking winch, cant wait to see it mounted.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:23 PM
JK Super Freak

GOT THIS INSTALLED

CHECK OUT THE BUILD THREAD

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/official-jk-buggy-carolina-truggies-build-thread-8-4-08-a-53661/
Old 09-20-2008, 07:50 PM
JK Newbie

Today I took the steering linkage out, pulled the back and greased i t, the spline were absolutely dry from the factory. I changed the antenna to a stubby rubber one; had to drill the center of a bolt that fit the enormous Jeep post threads, cut the bolt and welded the provided GM stem into the bolt. I also changed the oil and filter.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:20 PM
JK Freak

for the guys asking about the iphone/ipod/cb mount.........its custom made by BULLFROG(TOADS husband i believe) just pm her if you're interested and it'll be to your doorstep in a few weeks....i love mine!!!! and a great price too cause you cant buy that kind of thing anywhere....believe me i looked
Old 09-20-2008, 10:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rebelkfx
installed 6" kc slim lights and iphone mount.

show off!!!
Old 09-21-2008, 10:28 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ben1284
for the guys asking about the iphone/ipod/cb mount.........its custom made by BULLFROG(TOADS husband i believe) just pm her if you're interested and it'll be to your doorstep in a few weeks....i love mine!!!! and a great price too cause you cant buy that kind of thing anywhere....believe me i looked

yep what he said ^^^^^ pm Toad and she will have one made and shipped to you.
As for the cable, I got it at Best Buy. Its "not" an iPhone plug, but one for an iPod. They all work the same.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Its been a busy week for me, and Phase 1 of my build is almost done!
2.5" TF Coil lift, 1.5" wheel spacers, and KC slimlights....just waiting on my bumper which will be next week hopefully!
Before:

After:

Old 09-21-2008, 01:33 PM
JK Freak

I installed AEV corner guards and Mopar tail lamp guards

The AEV corner guards were purchased from David at Northridge 4x4 and arrived the next day.
While the box did not contain instructions, I was able to print a copy (10 pages with pretty good
color pictures) off the AEV website. Because the driver's side seemed to fit better than the
passenger side and I did not have anyone to help hold things in place, I decided to do the driver's
side first. The gas filler also helped me position the driver's side guard and I used blue painters
tape to tack everything in position before marking and center punching the 17 or so 25/64" holes
that had to be drilled in the body for the nutserts.

While it was harder to position the passenger side without help and I got it a smidgen too low
where it almost rubs the tailgate hinges, this side went a little smoother than the first and I was
able to tighten the bolts in such a way that the guard ended up conforming quite nicely to the
body when I was done.

The Mopar tail light guards went on last and were practically no-brainers compared to the AEV
corner guards. I say practically because I installed the first one upside down on the wrong side
I would have liked to have installed my Mopar Fuel Door, but I could not remove the original part
that clips to the inside of the body by releasing the retaining clips from the tail light housing, so that still remains to be done.

Oh yes, I also kind of installed a fire extinguisher by using 3 zip ties to fasten it's holder to the
rear driver's side of the roll cage.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Took the soft top off today and installed the hard top.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?