Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 10-13-2020, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
I like the breaker bar across the back like that. I've got the same table, I guess I need to figure if it makes enough noise and if I can afford to lose that space in a 2dr.
So far with those small quick fists on the tail gate table there hasn't been any noise or rattling and I am an effing princess when it comes to rattles and noise that wasn't added at the factory by Jeep. I don't need to be adding anymore myself.

The quick fists I used for all of the wrenches........ https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/c...-1-3-8in-black
The following users liked this post:
karls10jk (10-13-2020)
Old 10-22-2020, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I got a custom winch mount made for the stock bumper on TWSTR! Came out super clean and love it! Jeep shop in Fenton, MI called Unlimited Offroad built the mount and I have a Warn VR Evo 8s installed in the mount! Hopefully get a chance to try it out this weekend on a Fall Color Tour up north in the mitten here!

The following 2 users liked this post by WxNerd2015:
jdinny (06-13-2021), SprkEng56 (01-24-2021)
Old 10-22-2020, 06:17 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,600 Posts

That is a creative and clean looking install!
WxNerd2015 (10-22-2020)
Old 10-22-2020, 12:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Added a little rocker protection

Installed Quadratec’s small-tube rocker guards. Easy, and I love the look-so much better than the cheap plastic factory pieces.

jdinny (06-13-2021)
Old 12-28-2020, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Loaded the JSCAN app and made an adjustment for the increased tire size and lowered the TPMS sensor threshold so I can lower my tire pressure for street driving comfort. Had my front 2 windows tinted 20%

20% Tint
Old 01-08-2021, 06:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made it unstoppable! It's basically a bulldozer now!

Old 01-10-2021, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

A buddy and I did our front axle seals together yesterday. He has G2 axles and I have beefed up stock 44s. My driver side axle u-joint was bad so I took the opportunity to upgrade to RCV shafts while they were out. The place he works has several buildings with lifts, it's such a pleasure to get a vehicle into position to work on it easily in a warm, well lit space with plenty of room, electric, air, and tools. We were hoping to get both Jeeps up on the two lifts in this building but there was a pesky Ferrari 355 spider with the trans out hogging the other lift. We also started jerky first thing in the morning which was done enough to pick at by lunch time, and we grilled NY strips and veggies for dinner.

Droooooop:

Wheels, brakes, wheel bearings, and axle shafts out of the way. We scrubbed the axle housing tubes to get all the gunk out:

Diff gutted, tie rod out of the way:

Finally! I've wanted those little orange cups for SO LONG. Now that I look at it, they almost match the headlights:

It was about 12 hours worth of work between the two vehicles taking our time and enjoying ourselves. A good day without question!
Airborne72 (02-04-2021)
Old 01-10-2021, 09:18 AM
JK Newbie

Nice upgrade and having a lift to work on is awesome (garage ceiling to low to install one)... Considering the RCV axle upgrade but not excited about trying in the garage! Then I think about adding trusses, Bigger brakes an axle upgrade requiring a bigger lift, new wheels, 37" tires with a re gear and drive shafts... Either I break something and start the process or get incredibly bored!!
Old 01-10-2021, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

The shafts really aren't bad to do at all. We only had to empty the diff to get at the seals. The shafts slide right out after you pop off the brakes and wheel bearings, so all of 7 bolts per side. They come greased and ready to install. I can't say what difference they make on road during normal driving except that the old u-joint must have been worn because the steering has tightened up significantly. I just like to beef up when the opportunity presents itself.
Old 01-11-2021, 03:35 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks! Install videos/directions seem straight forward! No desire to touch the diff outside of fluid changes and have been eyeing the RCV's for a while... The AEV Borah wheels I added last year are shockingly heavy and could be a stressor on the front axle (I can barely get the spare on the back)... Will use this time for a wheel hub/bearing refresh while torn down... Probably going to pass on trusses/sleeves at this point (mixed comments in the forum)... I keep eyeing axle housing upgrades but not running on a lift that extreme or corresponding trails - yet.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?