Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 05-19-2009, 12:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

At the suggestion of someone here, I tried Turtle Wax's new Ice clear wax. It's good for plastics, convertible tops, etc. And it works GREAT on bumpers and plastic fenders! give is a whirl.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zook
woodie- looks good what did you order for rims and tires.
Zook
I'm getting 15x10 rock crawlers and 36x13.5 Iroks Bias
Can't wait
Old 05-19-2009, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The wife's new Shortbus is now two weeks old and I'm just now getting the lift, tires, and wheels on it. But everything has all been sitting in the garage. I haven't had any time off from work. So this weekend, I finally got away from work and the honey do's and knocked out the lift. Modding Jeeps used to be easy for me. I did all kinds of lifts and parts fabrication like it was nothing. But, I'm over 40 now and it's HOT in Texas! I tell you... I almost quit after bolting up the front end. The rain and lightning didn't help either. But it probably kept me from going into a full heat stroke. All my old Jeeping buddies are busy with their own things or MOVED AWAY! ( Just kidding Chip) But, I'm not a quitter so I kept going and am glad I did. The results are phenominal. Rides good, looks good, performs great!

My wife thought I was nuts for doing it by myself. She just doesn't understand the concept of getting to know your vehicle intimately. There's just things that make more sence after you've torn it all apart and put it back together. So if you ever have trouble with it, it's nothing to fix.
She snapped this picture of my soaking wet, ugly ass right after I finished bolting up and adjusting the front link arms for the last time.

You can tell it was a turd floater of a rain. Nice work conditions,huh?

From this>>

To this>>

So far it's rolling with a Black Diamond/Superlift 4.5" hybrid lift, all 8 rockrunner swivel arms, front and rear adjustable track bars, Bilstein remote reservoir shocks, and 35x12.50 17 KM2s on 17x9 KMC XD Addicts .
Tomorrow I'm bolting on the Olympic Reversa Bars for some added rocker panel protection and so Momma can get into the sumbitch. She wasn't happy having to hike her skirt up to her neck to get in it tonight when we went out to eat.

Terry
Old 05-19-2009, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got the Olympic Reversa bars on. Real happy with the outcome. Wasn't real happy how much I had to do to get to that outcome. The short story... there were two flat fender washers missing from the hardware, the supplied bolts that held the bars onto the mounts were too short, and one mount was so miss measured I had to redrill the holes in a different place to make them fit. This product would be near perfect if Olympic would spend a few minutes doing some Quality Assurance. Regardless, they really help your entrance and exit of the vehicle. And since they are bolted to the frame, they should provide ample protection.

Mounted down for now. Will reverse them in a couple weeks for Moab.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
At the suggestion of someone here, I tried Turtle Wax's new Ice clear wax. It's good for plastics, convertible tops, etc. And it works GREAT on bumpers and plastic fenders! give is a whirl.
Thats what I've been using since day one and it works great! Kept the bumpers, mirrors and top black so far.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:40 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by owtcast

A man after my own heart
Old 05-19-2009, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Holiday monday, i installed a BDS 2" body lift!

Old 05-19-2009, 05:13 PM
JK Junkie

Looks great Terry!! Nice job.

Originally Posted by owtcast
Old 05-19-2009, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Rubicon Rails

Picked up and installed a set of rubicon rocker rails today. Couldnt beat it for $75.00. When your on a budget you get excited over a find like this.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:41 PM
wdb
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hipfan39
Holiday monday, i installed a BDS 2" body lift!

Holy hell... You sure did.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?