Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 07-02-2009, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tired and winched

looks like my src8 came in a week early so i will be installing the winch then replacing my stock rollers with some 17x9 procomp 97 and extreme AT 33's... Photo's to follow
Old 07-02-2009, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Installed my Rancho rear bumper/carrier.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by officer_vince
Installed my Rancho rear bumper/carrier.
how do you like the bumper/carrier? its on my short list, been reading up on it, looking for opinions
Old 07-02-2009, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

It does it's job for the price you pay.
The tabs that hold the swingout on were bent during shipping requiring me to hammer them out and the bushing sleeve was factory mis-aligned requiring me to drill out the tab a little bit to make the closing pin fit.....other than that I think it is a great product for the price. It looks very nice when you get it out of the box. Very easy to install.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by officer_vince
It does it's job for the price you pay.
The tabs that hold the swingout on were bent during shipping requiring me to hammer them out and the bushing sleeve was factory mis-aligned requiring me to drill out the tab a little bit to make the closing pin fit.....other than that I think it is a great product for the price. It looks very nice when you get it out of the box. Very easy to install.
cool, thanks for the input!
Old 07-02-2009, 11:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

interesting it has no "corner" protection like another bumper that was shown on here not to long ago, I await the bashing of the bumper to ensue

hey Vince there was another member on here that mounted the corners of his stock bumper onto that, it looked really good, I'll find the pic if you want
Old 07-02-2009, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Installed my new Centerforce clutch

Finally got my new centerforce clutch installed and buttoned the transmission and exhaust back up. If you really want to have some fun, let someone else take your transmission out, then give you a box of bolts to put it all back together.... Ok I think that goes there... But all 3 days were worth it since she is now rolling again.

Oh and btw, after an up-close look at the transmission, the bottom and top of the bellhousing is completely open to vent.... water and mud will get right in there, regardless of whether you clutch or not (my culprit was about 5 lbs of mud though....)
Old 07-02-2009, 12:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thats so true, but

If you operate the clutch, just one time when deep in mud !!!

It will penetrate, between the clutch disc and flywheel/pressure plate and permeate-ruin the disc

Never use the clutch till you're way out of mud, or

---Don't go deep in mud !!

JIMBO
Old 07-02-2009, 08:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just got back from Moab...put a dent in the rock sliders, put on Woods SS bracket, got stickers for trails done while in moab. all in all good fun trip...AGAIN!!
Old 07-03-2009, 06:58 AM
sme
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SnakeDriver

I think it might be the Rugged Ridge plate holder. I have one. I got it from Quadratec http://www.quadratec.com/products/12107_0911.htm
I have had it on for a few weeks now and it works fine. The most expensive parts were the maglite holders. Total cost was about 20 bucks.

The license plate holder is from advance auto and was like 6 bucks.
used 4 d-cell maglite holders
used a license plate cover on the outside.

I will post some pics as soon as my camera charges up

Last edited by sme; 07-03-2009 at 07:00 AM.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?