Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What's your lighting setup?

Old 06-29-2011, 04:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BadPunkin
Piaa extreme white headlight bulbs. Stock fogs. 3 RR/HIDx on the bumper hoop (euro beam) and 2 RR/HIDx on the windshield (euro beam). The. RR/HIDx/Optilux are great but only come in euro beam pattern. There is talk of spot and flood but no updates in about a year.
My old lights were spots and I think the euro beam reaches just as far. It is just less intense at maximum distance but lights up wayy more road, trees, etc.

The spots I had were great for long flat terrain with no winding roads or trees, but the euros I have are now perfect for the country area where I am. Lots of hills, blind spots, turns, and trees down the sides of the roads... and lots of DEER.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by batherton87
Stock fogs in the bumper 6000K HID headlights and 5 Hella Optilux 6000K HIDs on the Rugged Ridge light bar

Just the fogs

Fogs and HID headlights

All of them

Hi batherton87! I love your setup. I'm thinking of getting the RR Light Bar. Would you mind posting images from the driver's seat looking through the windshiled. I would like to see how much of the light bar can be seen from the inside. Looks like they sit out a bit. Thanks!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont have any good pictures from inside sorry, but you dont see the light bar really at all. The only way you will is if you lean forward with your face against the windshield trying to see it.

This is probably the best I have I'm in the driver seat and you cant see it at all

Night shot from inside
Old 06-29-2011, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by batherton87
I dont have any good pictures from inside sorry, but you dont see the light bar really at all. The only way you will is if you lean forward with your face against the windshield trying to see it.

This is probably the best I have I'm in the driver seat and you cant see it at all

Night shot from inside
Cool. I should have noticed that when I was looking at the pictures. How noticeable is the bar looking towards the passenger side?
Old 08-10-2011, 10:17 AM
JK Newbie

Default My Oz setup

I have Warn 7" and 4" HID's. Work great.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is there something against PIAA lights? Didnt see any in this thread. I have the PIAA fogs and love them! I am looking to get a set of the 520's for the windshield.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have two Lightforce 170's on the corners of my windshield. I've only taken them out once. I angled them outward to light up the peripherals. I'll take them out late at night and see where I'm lacking. Right now I don't want to go all out with lights- only what I really need. Next set maybe for the rear.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Of course want to upgrade to HID's. I do have the blue filters for the 170's I haven't tested out yet tho. I'm waiting for snow.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2154309906.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	194148  
Old 08-11-2011, 12:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mattymat04
i like Hids and leds
You have to get a night shot with that LED bar!
Old 08-11-2011, 03:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm running Vision X. Two 5.5" round floods and a 18" LED Euro Driving Beam.

No night pics, yet but I can see a good 400+ feet with the LED bar on an unlit backroad.

Quick Reply: What's your lighting setup?