Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

WOW - just had jeep lifted

Old 02-18-2011, 06:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOW - just had jeep lifted

My new 2011 Sahara unlimited had surgery this past week. Had the dealer install a Mopar 4" lift (two months back ordered) Took two days for them to install. Going to the local tire shop this weekend to have them mount the 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers and black rock wheels i've had sitting in my garage for over a month now.

Wow what a difference those few inches make and i'm still running stock tires/wheels (yes, they look silly as hell) Getting up into the cab takes some getting used to... need to buy new steps for the kids. After the lift and new 35" tires i'll have about two inches of clearance into my garage. I was sweating that part.. not knowing if i'd have room.

I can't wait for the new tires/wheels. Sitting up high driving around is such a rush. This is the first time i've ever had a jeep of mine modded. This is my third wrangler during the past twenty or so years i've had a license. Don't think i'll ever go back to stock on any new jeep i buy in the future. The ride doesnt feel much different than before, maybe a bit bouncy. The Mopar shocks seem a bit stiff compared to stock. I"m told airing down my tires will help.

Anyway.. just a note about my experience. If you have any questions/thoughts/suggestions feel free to share. I'll post pics after the wheels are on.

Summer.. cant... come... soon... enough!

Thanks
John

Last edited by BostonMerlin; 02-18-2011 at 06:13 AM.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congratz on the lift! ! !
Old 02-18-2011, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BostonMerlin
My new 2011 Sahara unlimited had surgery this past week. Had the dealer install a Mopar 4" lift (two months back ordered) Took two days for them to install. Going to the local tire shop this weekend to have them mount the 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers and black rock wheels i've had sitting in my garage for over a month now.

Wow what a difference those few inches make and i'm still running stock tires/wheels (yes, they look silly as hell) Getting up into the cab takes some getting used to... need to buy new steps for the kids. After the lift and new 35" tires i'll have about two inches of clearance into my garage. I was sweating that part.. not knowing if i'd have room.

I can't wait for the new tires/wheels. Sitting up high driving around is such a rush. This is the first time i've ever had a jeep of mine modded. This is my third wrangler during the past twenty or so years i've had a license. Don't think i'll ever go back to stock on any new jeep i buy in the future. The ride doesnt feel much different than before, maybe a bit bouncy. The Mopar shocks seem a bit stiff compared to stock. I"m told airing down my tires will help.

Anyway.. just a note about my experience. If you have any questions/thoughts/suggestions feel free to share. I'll post pics after the wheels are on.

Summer.. cant... come... soon... enough!

Thanks
John
It's a great feelin, congrats
BTW - Why wait for Summer???? lol
JK Freak

Default We need

We need pics right away.
Can't wait to see this.
JK Freak

I would tell you to start putting your money away, as the fun has just begun. With 4" of lift you are going to have to do some serious driveshaft and suspension mods if you want to eliminate D/W issues and torn up suspension components. I understand the desire for the "look" and driving around looking down on those next to you, but with that comes some other issues that you need to prepare for. Enjoy your JK>
Old 02-22-2011, 11:52 AM
JK Newbie

Driveway shot this morning of my new ride with mopar 4" lift, Nitto trail grappler 35x12.5 tires and black rock rims.

Last edited by BostonMerlin; 02-22-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks Great!

Last edited by BioHazard; 02-23-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

From Boston I see, huh? What dealer did you get the lift installed at? The only mod-friendly dealer I know of in the area is Herb Chambers.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Way to go! The new shoes will make a huge dif.... Also, on putting the kidos in... I am looking at rails compat with my rubi rails.... at this time.. the 4 yr old gets lifted fully... and the 8 does pretty good, but has had a few fall backs to laugh at...
Mom is the worst.... had to put a grab handle on pas side roll bar.. lol
Old 02-22-2011, 03:49 PM
JK Super Freak

mopar lift = rubicon express lift right??

Quick Reply: WOW - just had jeep lifted