Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

WOW - just had jeep lifted

Old 02-23-2011, 06:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kesmith8
Way to go! The new shoes will make a huge dif.... Also, on putting the kidos in... I am looking at rails compat with my rubi rails.... at this time.. the 4 yr old gets lifted fully... and the 8 does pretty good, but has had a few fall backs to laugh at...
Mom is the worst.... had to put a grab handle on pas side roll bar.. lol
Yea, my kids (3 and 5) are loving the new look. It's a funny site to see me driving around with this bad boy... and two car seats with kids in the back. Had to buy a grab handle for the passenger side and plan to get these side steps down the road. I like how they lower down then back up as needed.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by KY.
mopar lift = rubicon express lift right??
Some have said that.. not really sure.. or too concerned about it. I'm happy with the end result.. it's up 4" inches, the jeep is level, nothing's falling out down below or making noises and it drives great!
Old 02-23-2011, 06:56 AM
JK Freak

Who makes those steps? I wonder how they hold up
Old 02-23-2011, 06:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by racin444
Who makes those steps? I wonder how they hold up
Looks like the brand is HighRock 4x4 sold through BestTop. http://www.quadratec.com/products/12542_212_07.htm

I can't say how well they'd hold up to crawling.. anything sticking out is bound to get damaged. I do like the look though.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good!

What did you do for your spare? Do you have a tire swing?
Old 02-23-2011, 07:19 AM
JK Newbie

OP: Great looking Jeep! I hope you took pic's of it with the stock tires and lift because we have folks here occasionally who ask to see how ridiculous they will look for XX weeks until they can get the money together to put the 35s on after the lift.
After the lift before the tires:

Old 02-23-2011, 07:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kneetard
Looks good!

What did you do for your spare? Do you have a tire swing?
I have the 35" spare in the garage. Not sure what to do about mounting it. I don't want a new bumper just for this as i like the current look. Need to research what others are doing. I know you can buy kits to let these larger tires fit on the back but the problem as i understand it is the added weight on the door hinge. Looking for a low cost bolt on fix. If you or anyone else has thoughts on the subject please forward along.

Quick Reply: WOW - just had jeep lifted