Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

$40k Price Mark

Old 02-22-2012, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $40k Price Mark

Newbie here... And I mean new to everything Jeep. Very much enjoy reading and seeing the pix posted by others here so thank you to all. Purchased my first Jeep last August. 2011 black 4-door Rubicon. Don't laugh, but I didn't even know what I was buying, just loved this Jeep. Since then I've spent a lot of time on here and actually glad I did buy the Rubicon model. The wife hooked me up a nice bday gift, had a smittybilt winch installed and KC lights. Over the next few months Im looking to give it 35 or 37 tires, lift, and some bumper changes... Which also means tons more help from everyone. I love hunting so back roads would be about as much trails as I was planning. But after see what a jeep can do (YouTube) and here, I'm ready go try a few climbs. Best part is my boys (20, 17 and 12) can help with the build and it will be perfect times when we get to take it jeeping.

That said, when I purchased my Jeep it was loaded with everything stickered at $38k. I didnt pay that and I feel like I got a good deal from the dealership, but you know how that goes. Anyway, the only complaint I have on my Rubicon is I would like a bit more ... Get up and go. So really playing around with thought to go trade for the 2012 rubicon. Looked this weekend they had 3... $42k, $41k and $47k. Maybe it's just me.. Not much higher than what sticker was on mine...... But that $40k mark just a bit hard to swallow. Think I'll keep the 2011.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JeepJack
Newbie here... And I mean new to everything Jeep. Very much enjoy reading and seeing the pix posted by others here so thank you to all. Purchased my first Jeep last August. 2011 black 4-door Rubicon. Don't laugh, but I didn't even know what I was buying, just loved this Jeep. Since then I've spent a lot of time on here and actually glad I did buy the Rubicon model. The wife hooked me up a nice bday gift, had a smittybilt winch installed and KC lights. Over the next few months Im looking to give it 35 or 37 tires, lift, and some bumper changes... Which also means tons more help from everyone. I love hunting so back roads would be about as much trails as I was planning. But after see what a jeep can do (YouTube) and here, I'm ready go try a few climbs. Best part is my boys (20, 17 and 12) can help with the build and it will be perfect times when we get to take it jeeping.

That said, when I purchased my Jeep it was loaded with everything stickered at $38k. I didnt pay that and I feel like I got a good deal from the dealership, but you know how that goes. Anyway, the only complaint I have on my Rubicon is I would like a bit more ... Get up and go. So really playing around with thought to go trade for the 2012 rubicon. Looked this weekend they had 3... $42k, $41k and $47k. Maybe it's just me.. Not much higher than what sticker was on mine...... But that $40k mark just a bit hard to swallow. Think I'll keep the 2011.
They might have some dealer-installed options on them. You can always order exactly what you want a just wait a few weeks. Also, with some of the car buying services, you can easily get 1% below "invoice" (not truly what the dealer paid, but that's how it always appears). I've heard of some getting 3-4% below with a bit of negotiating. I'll certainly be giving it a go here in a month or two.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen quite a few MSRP for 42k. There is a COD edition at my dealer that has an MSRP of $47K I remember when I bought my first YJ Rio Grande edition off the show room floor in 1995 for a little over $13K. I never thought I would see the day a Wrangler approach the 50K mark.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:24 PM
JK Freak

You can join tread lightly for 3 years for $60 and get preferred pricing. You have to join for 3 years to get the discount.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:51 AM
JK Newbie

My Unlimited MW3 ran me $45k, that was with every option for the Rubicon minus the soft top. The after market stuff that was factory installed was the hood (came color matched), AEV rock rails, front/rear bumpers, mopar fuel filler door, tail light guards and deeper slush mats. Not that it is aftermarket, but the interior upgrades are really nice as well, the seats are super comfy. They are leather with cloth in the center which gives in just the right places and they're heated. I might be missing something, but I don't have the build sheet in front of me. To me it was worth every bit of $45k, wouldn't have got the bang for my buck if it were a Hummer for sure.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:55 AM
JK Newbie

Dude, you could have bought a 2 door sport, and put in Dana 60's and a long arm kit, plus coil overs, 40's, and so much more for that price. Hope your happy with it though. Don't baby it. Take it out first opportunity and treat it like a jeep should be treated. But then again, you might have a badass jeep already, so kudos too ya ! Put up some pics !
Old 02-24-2012, 12:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by deathboyardee
I never thought I would see the day a Wrangler approach the 50K mark.
wait until the v8 is a factory option, the price will be insane.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JeepJack
Anyway, the only complaint I have on my Rubicon is I would like a bit more ... Get up and go. So really playing around with thought to go trade for the 2012 rubicon. Looked this weekend they had 3... $42k, $41k and $47k. Maybe it's just me.. Not much higher than what sticker was on mine...... But that $40k mark just a bit hard to swallow. Think I'll keep the 2011.
You can build a Rubicon Unlimited with most major options and you'll be around $39K ...

When you start adding fluff like Katskin leather, side air bags and 730 navigation unit is when it approaches $42K. The $47K is probably not a Rubicon, more like a special model...

Be glad their not upcharging for the 3.6L DOHC and NAG1 transmission...

Old 02-24-2012, 12:49 PM
JK Freak

I think the other thing to keep in mind is that the hp gains are great and will surely make the 12 way better on the highway. However, the torque gains are minimal at best...and for wheeling that is where its at. Don't get me wrong, I would love a new one, but wont put myself into hawk...happy with mine for now. One-day though I will have a hemi jeep!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Since 2012 models came out everyone is scrambling to get the 2012 and so dealers are pumping up the prices cause they know they can and still sell them. My dad got his 2011 rubicon last year for 26 grand. I got my 07 sahara unlimited for 20.

Quick Reply: $40k Price Mark