Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

$500 worth of Mopar Parts - What to Buy?

Old 07-05-2010, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb $500 worth of Mopar Parts - What to Buy?

Hey guys, here's the scoop. I just got into a new 2010 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. Base vehicle with the dual top group, I have a coupon redeemable for up to $500 worth of mopar goods.....what do I get?

Oh, and I should mention, I will be obtaining the parts at cost, with no labor install charge!

Possible options I've been considering...

#1. Mopar Rock Rails:

Seem similar to the rubicon rails, except they have an extra bar attached that extends out for additional protection. I am not sure how much of an upgrade these would be over the stock rubi rails, but they look cool, and look as if they would protect the jeep better as well as double as a running board. Anyone know anything about them? What do you think?

#2. Tubular Rear Bumper (I have a Rugged Ridge w/ Pre Runner Guard front):

Looks cool, and would stand up better than the stock plastic one.

#3. Skid Plate

The plate that protects the steering wheel mechanism is the same one that guards the sway bar disconnect I believe. Never a bad idea to have extra protection underneath!

#4. Tow Hitch

If I ever wanted to tow a trailer, this would always come in handy. Prob cheap to add too, would leave plenty left over for another part.

#5. ??????

Any suggestions you guys have, I would love to hear!!!

Thanks!
Old 07-05-2010, 08:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the door sill guards are usefull and they're cheep, so if you're at $460 with other stuff you could probably "use up the rest" on them.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:22 PM
JK Freak

I really like their fuel filler door with the Jeep logo. Not chrome of course Haha but seriously it's your Jeep! Find something that fits it and go with it!
Old 07-06-2010, 04:25 AM
JK Freak

I'm in the same boat.

The salesman told me I had to choose immediatelly!

Mine is a 2 door Sport with soft top but I intend to remove and store the top immediatelly!

I asked for a quote on:
Best Top bikini top, windjammer and duster (all sold through Mopar)
Seat Covers (wet suit fabric)
mudflaps

He'll tell me how much I want to spend over $500 and we'll go from there.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

How do the mopar rock rails compare to the base Rubi's, though?
Old 07-06-2010, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

The only catch is you get 500 worth of mopar stuff but you have to pay their shop rate to install it. I got the door sill guards,black fuel door,tail light guards, hand grabs, and sluch mats.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, so here's the deal.

I have the following options..... (Keep in mind I have a 4 door rubi w/ RRC full bumper w/ pre runner guard)

Option 1: I can get the skid plate + rear black tubular bumper with no money out of pocket

(only thing is, I've heard the extra weight of the skid plate on top of the RRC full bumper REALLY makes the front of the jeep sag.....anyone able to confirm or deny?)

Option 2: Mopar Rock Rails with $75 out of pocket.......

These are cool, I've always wanted them, but are they that much better than the stock rubi rails, and are they more important than the skid plate + tubular rear bumper????

Decisions, decisions....
Old 07-12-2010, 08:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rvator
The only catch is you get 500 worth of mopar stuff but you have to pay their shop rate to install it. I got the door sill guards,black fuel door,tail light guards, hand grabs, and sluch mats.
And you have to pay the tax on it as well

Well I did anyways

alfy
Old 07-12-2010, 08:15 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mlupacchino
Ok, so here's the deal.

I have the following options..... (Keep in mind I have a 4 door rubi w/ RRC full bumper w/ pre runner guard)

Option 1: I can get the skid plate + rear black tubular bumper with no money out of pocket

(only thing is, I've heard the extra weight of the skid plate on top of the RRC full bumper REALLY makes the front of the jeep sag.....anyone able to confirm or deny?)

Option 2: Mopar Rock Rails with $75 out of pocket.......

These are cool, I've always wanted them, but are they that much better than the stock rubi rails, and are they more important than the skid plate + tubular rear bumper????

Decisions, decisions....

Go with the rails. Most likely you will upgrade some day and want a tire carrier.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:32 PM
JK Newbie

I went with heated seats.

Quick Reply: $500 worth of Mopar Parts - What to Buy?