Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

07 JKUR should i sell?

Old 07-12-2014, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 3.8 jku rubicon on. 3.5 X factor lift and 37s....100% love it. Only thing I'm not thrilled about is the lack of power, my last truck was a built trailblazer ss pushing over 400hp lol........ But Anyway......I've been debating ripp supercharging her for a while now. But honestly I feel like it's not worth the $$$ just to make maybe around 200-230hp. I almost feel like selling it just to start over and find a new 3.6 and think about supercharging and building that... Seeing they've done one pushing 310hp on 37s is awesome .... Prob just a phase. But love to hear everyone's input and ideas. ( yes a hemi swap would be lovely , but it's just not practical or affordable for me right now ) Not to mention. I'm not even sure how much I would even try to sell mine for : \
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4228123461.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	564919  

Last edited by Ziloh22; 07-12-2014 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:28 PM
JK Freak

it wouldnt have to be a hemi swap, there are other swap options to get a nice increase in power. if you have your rig set up and love it theres no reason to get a new rig and have to redo all the setup, not too mention your 07 will only go for what an 07 goes for, your mods wont increase its value, and may decrease it if no one else wants it set up that way.....

what im getting at is it may be the most cost effective and least hassle to see what your swap options are for a more powerfull engine and a transmission that pairs with it. hell you might even end up putting a 3.6 in its a nice engine and theres alot of them out there now, scrap yards have all sorts of goodies if you go diggin (totaled roll overs and rear end messes can have perfectly good engines and transmissions in them).
Old 07-12-2014, 09:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mountain Man Tim
it wouldnt have to be a hemi swap, there are other swap options to get a nice increase in power. if you have your rig set up and love it theres no reason to get a new rig and have to redo all the setup, not too mention your 07 will only go for what an 07 goes for, your mods wont increase its value, and may decrease it if no one else wants it set up that way..... what im getting at is it may be the most cost effective and least hassle to see what your swap options are for a more powerfull engine and a transmission that pairs with it. hell you might even end up putting a 3.6 in its a nice engine and theres alot of them out there now, scrap yards have all sorts of goodies if you go diggin (totaled roll overs and rear end messes can have perfectly good engines and transmissions in them).
Thanks man. Yea I def love my setup now. Id have to do some research on the 3.6. Rumor has it that the engine bay was designed a bit diff for it. But who knows.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I assume it's regeared?

If a dealer would let you swap your mods onto a 3.6, it might not be as financially painful.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pwain
I assume it's regeared? If a dealer would let you swap your mods onto a 3.6, it might not be as financially painful.
Not regeared yet, still on the 4.10s
Old 07-13-2014, 08:22 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Ziloh22
Not regeared yet, still on the 4.10s
Food for thought: You'd gain quite a bit of power and improved reliability if you regeared, lowered your Jeep to 2.5-3" of lift, and ran 35s. You're paying the penalty for going bigger. Just how important is that 1" of extra clearance to what you do with your Jeep? If it's truly important, then the Pentastar may be your best answer. Or maybe just hang on for the diesel option in a year or three.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Assuming its a 6speed, a proper regearing will be cheaper and get you way more useable power than the 3.6 with factory 4.10 gearing.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pwain
Assuming its a 6speed, a proper regearing will be cheaper and get you way more useable power than the 3.6 with factory 4.10 gearing.
Yes 6 spd. I love the 37s and even the height. I'm actually going up to a 4.5 spring soon and was going to do front coil overs. So I'm happy with my suspension setup and stance. Just a matter or whether I wanted to invest in more power and if it's actually worth it in the 3.8. I've been holding out installing 5.13s for this particular reason. But maybe regearing and retuning would make a significant difference.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:30 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Ziloh22
Yes 6 spd. I love the 37s and even the height. I'm actually going up to a 4.5 spring soon and was going to do front coil overs. So I'm happy with my suspension setup and stance. Just a matter or whether I wanted to invest in more power and if it's actually worth it in the 3.8. I've been holding out installing 5.13s for this particular reason. But maybe regearing and retuning would make a significant difference.
It will make some difference. But, I suspect you're wanting more than can be expected from the 3.8 short of adding a super/turbocharger (and the headaches that come with those mods). I think you'd be happier with the 3.6, or hold off for a newer and, we all hope, more powerful option in the future.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
It will make some difference. But, I suspect you're wanting more than can be expected from the 3.8 short of adding a super/turbocharger (and the headaches that come with those mods). I think you'd be happier with the 3.6, or hold off for a newer and, we all hope, more powerful option in the future.
Yea for sure. Would be awesome if I could sell for a good price and keep some mods maybe and get a 3.6. But eh I duno. Be a lot of work in itself just flipping then finding etc. Or even putting it back to stockish being I have a lot of the old parts and seeing what I could get for it on a trade ( prob not enough ). Or just suck it up and keep on truckin for now.

Quick Reply: 07 JKUR should i sell?