Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The 2-Doors are Coming - The 2-Doors are Coming!!

Old 09-29-2006, 04:45 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default The 2-Doors are Coming - The 2-Doors are Coming!!

I just got word from one reliable source and one JK owner to be (JKing) that 2-Doors, or more specifically, 2-Door Rubicons should be arriving at our dealers in about two weeks or less.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:44 PM
Hefavitzen

AWSOME!!!

Honestly, I have been mulling it over and I'm really having a hard time figuring out if I'd like a 2 door or a 4 door. 4 door has so much room...but I loved my old 2 door.

Yeash :(
Old 09-29-2006, 10:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Other model 2 doors should be hitting dealerships very shortly thereafter. I didn't order my JK through a dealership, I went directly through DC they they gave me a written promise that my 2 door X would be arriving at a dealership in Dallas for pick up on the 27th of Oct. If it's any later than the 27th then they pay for a hotel, rental car, and give me $100 per diem for each day that its late after the 27th.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:12 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by ericdewayne
Other model 2 doors should be hitting dealerships very shortly thereafter. I didn't order my JK through a dealership, I went directly through DC they they gave me a written promise that my 2 door X would be arriving at a dealership in Dallas for pick up on the 27th of Oct. If it's any later than the 27th then they pay for a hotel, rental car, and give me $100 per diem for each day that its late after the 27th.
No kidding, was this a military kind of deal or can anyone do this?
Old 09-29-2006, 11:39 PM
JK Freak

Only if you're military, and only if you're stationed overseas. Military members in the states cant take advangtage of it. One of the few perks of being away from familiy and friends for 3 years at a time I guess? I was able to order directly through DC and thus skipping any dealership and markups. There is a huge range of dealerships throughout the united states with the program that does it as a service to overseas military members. The only dealings I'll have to do with a dealership is when I pick it up, and thats just to pay the state tax. The dealership im picking up from isnt making a dime off this, they're just a recieving point and a place for me to pay the tax on it.
Old 09-30-2006, 06:13 AM
JK Super Freak

It's the least they could do. Thanks for serving!
Old 09-30-2006, 06:57 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
It's the least they could do. Thanks for serving!
Ditto - DC just won some brownie points with me
Old 09-30-2006, 12:30 PM
JK Freak

Thanks, proud to. Im in the Air Force so its nothing hard. Like any other normal job except i get to fly 4-5 times a week and travel all over the place. When we travel we stay in 5 star hotels too so its actually a pretty sweet job. Its just too bad they dont pay me enough to get a nice Rubi. hehe Well maybe if my credit was better, but thats a whole nother story. lol
Old 10-10-2006, 07:27 AM
JK-Forum Founder

They're here!! Just did an inventory search and it looks like a few dealers in my area already got a handful of JK's on their lot. And, from what I've been told, Rubicon 2-Doors should be arriving any day now as well
Old 10-10-2006, 08:09 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by wayoflife
They're here!! Just did an inventory search and it looks like a few dealers in my area already got a handful of JK's on their lot. And, from what I've been told, Rubicon 2-Doors should be arriving any day now as well

I ordered mine lastweek. the dealer says 6-8 weeks is this accurate?

Quick Reply: The 2-Doors are Coming - The 2-Doors are Coming!!