Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2010 Mopar Soft Top Install

Old 09-25-2010, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just put my soft top on this afternoon, i thought it went together pretty easy... but then again i had two different soft tops on my old cj and i replaced the soft top with a sail cloth one on my old tj, so i have had practice swearing at chrysler and bestop.

i found that it helped to unclip the front header while working on the back window... that was the biggest pita. after driving around with the family enjoying the top down, i just got home and put it up, and it went smoothly. i found that it helped to kind of stand up in the back seat to pull the top up, i could then clip in the sunrider clips and go on from there to put the windows in. i love how the top was re-designed around the top of the doors! this was by far the easiest top i have ever had on a jeep.

i do have a question for al lof you soft top guys. the bar that holds the rear window into the tailgate, is it supposed to have a bow to it, or should it be straight? mine has a slight bow. it seems to work fine, but i want to make sure everything is right with it. besides the problem with them putting the wrong boxes for the soft top, i also got the sidesteps from parts ($320, i guess that is a fair price) i didn't want to pay them an additional $90 to install them, so they put the box in the jeep. they had the box laying on top of the soft top all packaged up. i just want to make sure that nothing got bent.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header Assembly

Ok I bought a soft top after the fact. I started yesterday assemblying the top. I got to the point where you sandwich the top between the upper and lower header and you put screws through the cloth. I am not sure how this is done. The directions say to have the top turned inside out. I was just wondering if any one could explain this better or if they had pics of this step.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by higgins14
i do have a question for al lof you soft top guys. the bar that holds the rear window into the tailgate, is it supposed to have a bow to it, or should it be straight? mine has a slight bow. it seems to work fine, but i want to make sure everything is right with it. besides the problem with them putting the wrong boxes for the soft top, i also got the sidesteps from parts ($320, i guess that is a fair price) i didn't want to pay them an additional $90 to install them, so they put the box in the jeep. they had the box laying on top of the soft top all packaged up. i just want to make sure that nothing got bent.
Bar is supposed to have a bow to it, no worries
Old 04-02-2011, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Been muckin' with mine all day... Bought mine used off craigslist for $540 so I didn't get hurt, but it was missing all kinds of bolts, screws, and the retainer clips. Just ordered those from MOPAR. I really enjoyed driving around today with the top off though! MOPAR wanted $5 a peice for the screws, the hardware didn't have them but I think I was looking for the wrong thing. I am hoping Lowe's has them and I can get everything but the tailgate bar put on tomorrow.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:19 AM
JK Newbie

I am a Jeep Virgin and bought a closeout 2010 rescue green unlimited. I watched the online video on jeeps website to put the top down and it went well it took all of 10 mins to put down and about 15 to put up. But after reading this I am glad I got the soft top right from the dealer and I hope when my hard top I ordered comes in that it goes on easier than the soft tops.

Have a great topless day!
Old 05-25-2011, 12:22 PM
JK Newbie

Wink 2010 unlimited soft top install quick tips

Looking to install my 2010 soft top on tomorrow by myself. Anybody have any quick tips on doing so. Hell, if you have pics it would even be better!! And I would buy I searched for installs but dont have time to read through 100 pages. Looking for the lazy mans way!!
Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2010 Mopar Soft Top Install