Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2011 JK Wrangler Pics

Old 09-25-2010, 09:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK i was all over a 2011 4dr sport ($31,000) nothing fancy, black - gray interior. Things I noticed right away. Door map pockets gone on fronts now have a net won't hold anything small. Center console storage is way smaller than 07-10. plastic covers in back storage area are molded to rear seat belt covers. Have fun removing carpet to clean out the rear carpeting. I don't get the storage for nuts for doors or surrounds just lost space, never seen a reason to carry door nuts or anything else for the Jeep with me. Hoping a bunch of mall crawling peeps bought 2010 rubicon's so I have something to buy when I wear out my 07"....

Oh the 2011 owners are going to have to tell us how those power mirrors are to remove and relocate to relocation bracket for doors off driving...

Last edited by Rubi Russ; 09-26-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:19 AM
JK Freak

EDIT... sorry to all, just realized this was covered 7 posts ago..... i'm a D-bag...
dont know if someone already posted similarly, not going to take time to read every post, but here goes. i drove home the 2011 for 3 nights as a loaner while mine was in the shop. i can say confidently that this Jeep is legit. i'm no rookie, and definately a died-in-the-wool Jeep man. i had a loaded Rubi, that included pwr heated mirrors, "leather" seating, leather is in quotes because i'm not sure what planet the cow was from that donated its hide...The interior is mostly cosmetic changes. the interior door skins are more substantial, with added ergonomic accents. this makes for a slightly quieter ride. the Jeep engineers have been paying attention to JK Forum as well, because they added some pretty cool shit this year, to include a larger center console, with an additional 12v pwr outlet on the inside, and an AC plug built into the exterior front of the console. Located in the rear cargo area, Jeep added a redesigned under floor storage tub, complete with pre-determined slots, and holes to hold the removed door hinge screws, soft top door trim bolts/screws, and any other hardware removed while the top is lowered. Long story short, nothing you can do about "progress." this 2011 is essentially our 07-10 Jeeps. what is sorely missed in this year's upgrades is the much needed Phoenix motor. Jeep... What the FU@%?!!!

Last edited by PIPES2008; 09-26-2010 at 06:24 AM.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by michiganjeep2008
I am not a fan of the 2011. I don't care for the interior or exterior all one color. So there isn't a soft top anymore in 2011??? It reminds me of my 2000 Cherokee Sport. They should have left the Wrangler alone - its an icon., no it was an icon. Just my 2 cents.
Bet you voted for Obama, huh. Making decisions without all the facts. Exterior is not all one color, only if you want it that way. No soft top? Yes. When we were shopping we drove both the 10 and 11. I thought there personnally was a little difference in sound and ride. I do believe they stated they put more sound deadening in the 11's. Also sure they did some things they did not announce or want to announce.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Lauryn2000
TJ and carlike interior?
Huh?

I have an 06 and it's far from car-like especially the interior.....if anything I bought a "car" cause I wanted a car-like interior as well as a more comfortable ride.

Attachment 84007

The only thing different with 07-10 JK's is it's hard plastic and over- computerized dash

My interior is similiar to this one except it's tan and black.......car like...not so...I like the 2011 interior because it's closer to my VW GTI...........
The controls coming back on the steering wheel is a great addition. I have an 02 and before I bought an 11 I test drove a 07. My first question to the 07 seller was, where are the controls on the stering wheel. I am psyced that they put them back. Hopefuly my 11 will come in this week.

Quick Reply: 2011 JK Wrangler Pics