Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2011 JKU Weird squeek?

Old 08-30-2011, 04:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 JKU Weird squeek?

Hey guys just wondering if anyone could tell me what might be wrong. I have a 2011 rubicon unlimited with not even 5k miles on it. It hasn't been off road yet. Every time I hit a bump or the jeep bounces a bit at any speed there is this high pitched little bird chip sound that comes from the front end. I even switch to 4 high on the fly and it still does it. I should be heading to the dealer soon since I haven't had an oil change yet but my light hasn't come on yet. Thanks for any help.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Im not hearing anything from the front end, but my rear end needs some attention (TWSS). When driving over small bumps in the road I hear a faint "thumpy rattle", when dropping off a curb I hear metal rattling from wheel or shock area. Brought it in and received the "Tech couldn't reproduce the noise". Will try again at a later date.

Last edited by Interstink; 08-30-2011 at 05:26 AM.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Interstink
Im not hearing anything from the front end, but my rear end needs some attention (TWSS). When driving over small bumps in the road I hear a faint "thumpy rattle", when dropping off a curb I hear metal rattling from wheel or shock area. Brought it in and received the "Tech couldn't reproduce the noise". Will try again at a later date.
Wow that sucks maybe they should try a little harder.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Interstink
Wow that sucks maybe they should have tried harder.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepRubi11
Hey guys just wondering if anyone could tell me what might be wrong. I have a 2011 rubicon unlimited with not even 5k miles on it. It hasn't been off road yet. Every time I hit a bump or the jeep bounces a bit at any speed there is this high pitched little bird chip sound that comes from the front end. I even switch to 4 high on the fly and it still does it. I should be heading to the dealer soon since I haven't had an oil change yet but my light hasn't come on yet. Thanks for any help.
My '11 lef the factory with a loose (passenger side) antisway bar bolt that made a chirping sound when I drove. 30 seconds and a socket wrench fixed it.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chango

My '11 lef the factory with a loose (passenger side) antisway bar bolt that made a chirping sound when I drove. 30 seconds and a socket wrench fixed it.
Thanks I'll try it out.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepRubi11
Wow that sucks maybe they should have tried harder.
Now that I can reproduce the noise all day, should be easy for me to show off my new Jeep "feature" to the next tech.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have something similar, turns out battery needed to be tightened in. apparently when dealer replaced last battery while still under warranty with only 9k miles, they decided just to put it in the holder w/o tightening.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

As my noise continued to drive me to the asylum, this morning I had it.

Sure I've been underneath my Jeep a few times pushing and pulling things trying to find the source of my annoying noise (Rattle). Well this morning I jacked up the jeep and right away I could tell where this was coming from all along. It was the lower Skock Mount. That lower bolt was so loose it just spun. Tighted it up and BINGO, its a"new" Jeep again. Mind you its only got 4K miles on it.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:18 PM
JK Freak

Yeah, my 2011 had a very annoyingly loud "pop" and "rattle" when I hit bumps or speedbumps. They completely violated my Jeep at the service dept by taking all the doors off, the top off, etc... Then reinstalling and giving it back, only making things a bit worse. The ultimate violation? They replaced the door pins on one of the rear doors. What's the big deal with that? Well, they are sealed in the door for the most part and are painted over. So, therefore, I had to get that area repainted already. Then, when they put everything back together, they stripped the torx heads and left nice marks all over the repainted surface. So, needless to say, I was PISSED and I no longer own that Jeep. Mainly because, the damn pop/rattle noises are still there! I can't tell you just how much bad luck I've had with JK wranglers. 2 of them had crap transmissions and then this one rattled and popped like a damn 86 Dodge Aries. Fed up! Can't wait for quality control to exist with Jeep again, because that's where my heart belongs, but they'll have to work a LOT harder for me to come back someday! In the meantime, I'll drive my new shit KIA and be happier (how the hell does that work out Chrysler?)

Quick Reply: 2011 JKU Weird squeek?