Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Jeep Order Status - 2

Old 06-18-2012, 08:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rule18
I broke my own rule and called CS yesterday. VOTS has said I've been in SHIPMENT for nine days. Hmm. . . The nice lady gave me a rundown of scheduled milestones - loading on a rail car in OH yesterday, unloading in NY today, loading on a trailer tomorrow and so on. . . According to CS, it'll be at the dealer on the 25th. That's if the wind doesn't change direction. So much for me being patient. . .
You'll know if they have any weight to their statements if your vehicle is showing up on the Dealer's website as part of their inventory. Mine showed for like a week and a half (from the time it was in-shipment) but the listing showed the "In-Transit" icon. If you have the VIN you should be able to double check if you see one that looks similar to your order. I think the VON is also on the listing too.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:15 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah, the VIN is on the dealer listing. I was able to get my intire vin to pull my window sticker from there. Ok week from my last report...the ETA is still the same and its on a rail car in KY headed to OH.....wait....OH....isn't that were it came from? I had to call CS 3 times this am to get get a status...they wouldn't tell me what I wanted to hear.

Actually the first time I got hung up on.....the second guy didn't know how to get a better update than...its been shipped....must be new and the third person gave me a run down of ETA's between rail cars, transport and my dealer. And I was really glad to hear the same ETA as last week. I'm hoping that means we're on track. I have a trip to the mountains on the 28th and the ETA is the 27th.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AggressiveJK
Yeah, the VIN is on the dealer listing. I was able to get my intire vin to pull my window sticker from there. Ok week from my last report...the ETA is still the same and its on a rail car in KY headed to OH.....wait....OH....isn't that were it came from? I had to call CS 3 times this am to get get a status...they wouldn't tell me what I wanted to hear.

Actually the first time I got hung up on.....the second guy didn't know how to get a better update than...its been shipped....must be new and the third person gave me a run down of ETA's between rail cars, transport and my dealer. And I was really glad to hear the same ETA as last week. I'm hoping that means we're on track. I have a trip to the mountains on the 28th and the ETA is the 27th.
I was just looking at your vehicle specs (in signature) and noticed you have cloth seats with heater... I thought that was a leather seat option only. Just curious as I thought about wanting that option (after I had ordered my vehicle) but thought I saw where I couldn't do it as I wanted cloth seats and it was only available with leather.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by maverick17

I was just looking at your vehicle specs (in signature) and noticed you have cloth seats with heater... I thought that was a leather seat option only. Just curious as I thought about wanting that option (after I had ordered my vehicle) but thought I saw where I couldn't do it as I wanted cloth seats and it was only available with leather.
I have heated cloth seats. When I ordered, the dealer didn't think I could order that combo, but I corrected him.

We wanted the heated seats for the winter and cool topless nights, but didn't want leather because it's just an invitation for a sweaty ass during a humid Arkansas summer day with the top down. Cloth/heated is a great combo!
Old 06-18-2012, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arjeeper
I have heated cloth seats. When I ordered, the dealer didn't think I could order that combo, but I corrected him.

We wanted the heated seats for the winter and cool topless nights, but didn't want leather because it's just an invitation for a sweaty ass during a humid Arkansas summer day with the top down. Cloth/heated is a great combo!
Yeah... being in central AZ I'll probably never need them... it was just a second thought... though in Northern AZ I would think them to come in-handy.

I was in the same thought... AZ and leather seats don't match unless you're guaranteed to run the AC all the time... and lets face it... they're Jeeps so their AC is the top and doors are off!!! LOL
Old 06-18-2012, 08:41 AM
JK Freak

Hope you all had an enjoyable Father's Day with your Dads and/or kids. I personally enjoyed thinking about something other than my JK.

I feel for you guys who are beginning this process or waiting for your Jeep to ship. Waiting is hell! And AR, my sweaty a** is going to have some kind of seat cushion under it to get the kids and I through the hot central California summer with our black leather...possibly the ONLY thing I'm not looking forward to in my Jeep.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:52 AM
JK Freak

I broke my own rule and called CS yesterday. VOTS has said I've been in SHIPMENT for nine days. Hmm. . . The nice lady gave me a rundown of scheduled milestones - loading on a rail car in OH yesterday, unloading in NY today, loading on a trailer tomorrow and so on. . . According to CS, it'll be at the dealer on the 25th. That's if the wind doesn't change direction. So much for me being patient. . .
Yeah, I know what you mean. I had a little tantrum (in my mind) and said I would never call CS again...but I did one more time. Basically, I only knew it was coming my way when the "In transit" icon appeared on the dealer website.

Supposedly it is being transported today from the railyard to the dealer today. Unfortunately, the world does not revolve around me. Probably will not be able to pick it up till tomorrow.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wendy.Jeepchick
Yeah, I know what you mean. I had a little tantrum (in my mind) and said I would never call CS again...but I did one more time. Basically, I only knew it was coming my way when the "In transit" icon appeared on the dealer website.

Supposedly it is being transported today from the railyard to the dealer today. Unfortunately, the world does not revolve around me. Probably will not be able to pick it up till tomorrow.
Wait, so my assertion that they should have just put MINE on a carrier and gone straight from OH to my dealer in NY was somehow flawed??

Well, in any event, good for you and keep us up to date. That said, I'm sure we'll know when you've picked it up - longest drive home EVER...
Old 06-18-2012, 10:22 AM
JK Freak

Wait, so my assertion that they should have just put MINE on a carrier and gone straight from OH to my dealer in NY was somehow flawed??

Well, in any event, good for you and keep us up to date. That said, I'm sure we'll know when you've picked it up - longest drive home EVER...
I know, RIGHT!?! Ticker tape parade and everything. My husband just called and said we are going go pick the JK up at 4 pm tomorrow. Looking forward to the drive home...I've never even driven the pentastar with a stick shift. Want to see what she's capable of...vroom vroom
Old 06-18-2012, 10:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by maverick17
Yessir....its on my sticker...I wasn't sure Jeep would let me do it either.

Congrats Wendy! It's way past time for you to have your Jeep.

Quick Reply: 2012 Jeep Order Status - 2