Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Jeep Order Status - 2

Old 06-22-2012, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wendy.Jeepchick
Just wanted to post a few pics of the Katzkin leather, because I know I had a hard time finding pics when I was waiting for my Jeep. I just wanted to see what I had paid so much for...

Attachment 332455Attachment 332456

And they are suprisingly non-sweaty in the 100 degree heat we're having here. No seat cushions or towels needed.
Darn, if I had known I would've taken more pics of mine.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by maverick17
I have been thinking about it... probably not until the first of the year and after putting some miles on it. I only spoke with a local Jeep dealer rep who recommended the Mopar Performance 3" lift... which is a Teraflex in origin but some additional parts are added along with Fox shocks. I'm not an expert on lifts so I've been trying to do research and with the Mopar it would be covered under vehicle warranty if installed at the dealer.

The talk with the rep was productive outside of the lift conversation... he stated along the same lines as you... where the Rubicon is a very capable vehicle right out of the box. From what he was saying is a 3" lift would allow me to run either the stock size tires without looking out of whack (tall lift and small tires) and I could graduate up to 35" tires later because of the lift. In going to 35" though he said it would be best to get a rear bumper with a tire mount rather than keeping the tire on the back gate as he's seen the gates emit noises (from the tire vibrating?) and in some cases actually get damaged.

So I'll keep you informed as to what results.
Yes. I agree with everything the rep said. If all you want is tire clearance, it is my understanding that you can run 35's on a stock Rubi (because they ride several inches higher) if you install flat fenders. If you do install the Mopar lift, I am very interested in your observations of before and after handling.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by clemons
Mines on the line too!! That same email was in my inbox when I woke up this morning!
I have thought all along that ours would be manufactured at the same time since our dates were the same.
Whats the last few numbers of your vin?
Old 06-22-2012, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just wanted to post a few pics of the Katzkin leather, because I know I had a hard time finding pics when I was waiting for my Jeep. I just wanted to see what I had paid so much for...

Attachment 332455Attachment 332456

And they are suprisingly non-sweaty in the 100 degree heat we're having here. No seat cushions or towels needed.
Is that lotion in the center console?! LOL

Yeah after doing shopping on some aftermarket sites for seat covers I realized I may have shot myself in the foot with the side airbags... they're built into the seat and I don't think seat covers are made to work with them.

Nice interior pics... I should go out and do the same.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes. I agree with everything the rep said. If all you want is tire clearance, it is my understanding that you can run 35's on a stock Rubi (because they ride several inches higher) if you install flat fenders. If you do install the Mopar lift, I am very interested in your observations of before and after handling.
Not that I rough-house my vehicle I will say this... after having 1300 miles on it... it drives like a raped-ape that can go just about anywhere!!! Thats the before driving impression... GRIN
Old 06-22-2012, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 2.5" lift waiting for my Jeep at home. Of course Im not going to run 35's to try to prolong life on some components. I bought some 285/75/17 KM2s and Ill be running the stock wheels on 1.5" Spidertrax spacers. I decided on the AEV lift after LOTS of research. I had a RK lift on my previuos 2 door JK and had no problems at all, but their 2.5" kit usually gives you more like 3.5" and I dont want to run that high with the 33" tires.
If you have not decided on a lift yet, MAKE SURE you get either adjustable lower control arms or the drop brackets like AEV carries. That way, your caster is set right and you wont have road wonder and nose dive issues.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by maverick17
Is that lotion in the center console?! LOL

Yeah after doing shopping on some aftermarket sites for seat covers I realized I may have shot myself in the foot with the side airbags... they're built into the seat and I don't think seat covers are made to work with them.

Nice interior pics... I should go out and do the same.
No silly, it's hand sanitizer.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by simadownow6988

I have thought all along that ours would be manufactured at the same time since our dates were the same.
Whats the last few numbers of your vin?
Last 6 are 275155!
Old 06-22-2012, 02:02 PM
JK Newbie

Mine is finally on my driveway. It took 17 weeks and 2 days to get here, then I was too busy to pick it up until today, but it is indeed here.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Pics of said jeep!!!!

Quick Reply: 2012 Jeep Order Status - 2