Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 in shop already.....anyone else have this problem?

Old 09-20-2011, 01:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 in shop already.....anyone else have this problem?

Just took delivery of my new 2012 JKU Sahara 1 week ago. Had it special ordered with all the bells and whistles. About 10 minutes after leaving the dealership the esp light came on as I was getting on the highway. I wasn't overly concerned and by noon the following day it went off. But has come on and off several times. Brought it into the dealer today, then was told it would have to be left there as the part was not available in Ma. Needless to say I'm pretty pissed.
The service tech could care less that I just got the thing and actually started to argue with me. So now I'm driving around in a crappy Patriot which I had to fight to get because "they don't give out loaners", while my new 2012 is sitting in a garage bay with the center console removed waiting for a part. Which makes me even more pissed because I know they'll screw something up putting it a back together.
The worse part is I traded in my 2009 that didn't have 1 flaw on it to get this one.
Thanks for letting me bitch!
Old 09-20-2011, 01:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had the light come on with mine. It was just the steering position sensor. I took it by the dealership, they knew right away what it was since it's common in other years. It took them about 20 minutes to replace it and have me back on my way...
Old 09-20-2011, 04:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DansJeep
Just took delivery of my new 2012 JKU Sahara 1 week ago. Had it special ordered with all the bells and whistles. About 10 minutes after leaving the dealership the esp light came on as I was getting on the highway. I wasn't overly concerned and by noon the following day it went off. But has come on and off several times. Brought it into the dealer today, then was told it would have to be left there as the part was not available in Ma. Needless to say I'm pretty pissed.
The service tech could care less that I just got the thing and actually started to argue with me. So now I'm driving around in a crappy Patriot which I had to fight to get because "they don't give out loaners", while my new 2012 is sitting in a garage bay with the center console removed waiting for a part. Which makes me even more pissed because I know they'll screw something up putting it a back together.
The worse part is I traded in my 2009 that didn't have 1 flaw on it to get this one.
Not a 12 but I have an 11 with a little over 300 miles that has had the light coming on and off since the second day I owned it. Should have taken it to the dealer before I installed the lift as I am sure they will try to say that is the reason....
Old 09-20-2011, 04:36 PM
JK Freak

My 09 has been trouble free except for mods related since Oct 08. I ain't trading it despite the temptation. Good luck, hope it's minor.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:49 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BuckLisa
My 09 has been trouble free except for mods related since Oct 08. I ain't trading it despite the temptation. Good luck, hope it's minor.
My 08 has been pretty much trouble free as well with the exception of a slave cylinder and gas tank overflow both replaced under warranty. A 2012 would be nice, but why trade in my perfectly good 08? To get 1 more mpg and have more power? For more money? Not worth it IMO. My 3.8 suits me just fine.. 41,000 trouble free miles on this motor so far..
Old 09-20-2011, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

My 12 rubicon 2 door went back this week with 1500 miles on it. It started making a growl sound at idle. The first said it was mud, so they washed it and said I was good to go. I started it and called them over as it was unchanged. So now the are "ordering parts".

BTW that's BS about loaners If it's under warranty the are supposed to give you a rental car! Or did I get one cuz I bought the extended coverage?

So different problem but I feel your pain! AND I only got a challenger, not even a Jeep!
Old 09-20-2011, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine has done the same thing. Got it on Saturday officially traded in my 08 yesterday. Fortunately mine is at he dealership getting all my mods swapped over so they are taking care of the ESP issue as well. But I will be disabling it either way. I can't stand ESP.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:23 PM
JK Freak

If I ever owned a flawless Chrysler product I would drive it till the wheels fell off.

Fourtunatley I have never had to worry about that.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by pwain

If I ever owned a flawless Chrysler product I would drive it till the wheels fell off.

Fourtunatley I have never had to worry about that.
I still have our 99 Chrysler 300M due to that reason. Only issue; driver's window fails to roll down. The engine and trans are bulletproof and it still hauls ass.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by msquaredIN
My 12 rubicon 2 door went back this week with 1500 miles on it. It started making a growl sound at idle. The first said it was mud, so they washed it and said I was good to go. I started it and called them over as it was unchanged. So now the are "ordering parts".

BTW that's BS about loaners If it's under warranty the are supposed to give you a rental car! Or did I get one cuz I bought the extended coverage?

So different problem but I feel your pain! AND I only got a challenger, not even a Jeep!
You got a rental because of your extended warranty. The basic warranty doesn't get you a loaner/rental.

Quick Reply: 2012 in shop already.....anyone else have this problem?