Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 in shop already.....anyone else have this problem?

Old 09-21-2011, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offcamber
I had the light come on with mine. It was just the steering position sensor. I took it by the dealership, they knew right away what it was since it's common in other years. It took them about 20 minutes to replace it and have me back on my way...
Madness. If they've known about faulty parts for "other years", why do they continue using them for new builds? If they have replacement parts that work, why not use them for the new build in the first place?
Old 09-22-2011, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would be lying if I say I am not thinking about the 2012 JKU, I like the idea of more power and I like the idea of a better auto transmission even more, however, my 2011 JKU Rubi has been perfect so far, knock on wood not a single issue with 4K miles on it so far, and this has become a dilema, Should I risk trading in a perfect JKU for another and risk getting one that may end up being not so perfect? Tough decision.........
Old 09-22-2011, 10:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4X4JK
I would be lying if I say I am not thinking about the 2012 JKU, I like the idea of more power and I like the idea of a better auto transmission even more, however, my 2011 JKU Rubi has been perfect so far, knock on wood not a single issue with 4K miles on it so far, and this has become a dilema, Should I risk trading in a perfect JKU for another and risk getting one that may end up being not so perfect? Tough decision.........
Honestly, I wouldn't. I've been hearing more and more issues with the 12's that scare me. The small amount of HP you gain isn't worth the hassle.

Have they resolved the issue with Superchip or any other module that changes the programming? I read the computer puts the Jeep in limp mode when people try to adjust the ride hight or tire size.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Jem
JK Newbie

I also wouldnt unless you want the automatic... Everyone gushes over the new power but really its the new auto thats so much better. Way people complain about the 3.8 you gotta wonder how people ever made due with the 4.0 or even the 2.5.... I came from a mustang gt with 400 ponies and am in no way disapointed in the 3.8... Course i drove a 4.2 89 yj all last winter that sucked a qt of oil for every 50 miles... New JK is much better!

Quick Reply: 2012 in shop already.....anyone else have this problem?