Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Wrangler information thread

Old 09-12-2011, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are the colors that have been posted in this thread the only ones for the entire 2012 production year? I keep hoping for a charcoal grey or something...I'm still not sure of the bright white...and I'm not personally feeling any of the oranges. (would have gone w/ mango tangos)
Old 09-12-2011, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kneetard
Are the colors that have been posted in this thread the only ones for the entire 2012 production year? I keep hoping for a charcoal grey or something...I'm still not sure of the bright white...and I'm not personally feeling any of the oranges. (would have gone w/ mango tangos)
Check out the Arctic Edition thread....you can finally see Winter Chill....
Old 09-12-2011, 02:07 PM
JK Newbie

Does anyone know when Crush will be available?
Old 09-12-2011, 04:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by panthermark
Check out the Arctic Edition thread....you can finally see Winter Chill....
go to your dealer and ask to see the paint color samples. They are all there, including winter chill & gecko
Old 09-12-2011, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ylojelo
go to your dealer and ask to see the paint color samples. They are all there, including winter chill & gecko
Not the dealer in Naperville Illinois.... They didn't have any 2012 info....
Old 09-12-2011, 05:00 PM
JK Newbie

I saw the color chart Saturday and Winter Chill looked nothing like this. It looked like a dark charcoal.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3888224169.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	209994  
Old 09-12-2011, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's because they suck.

Not logical, but factual.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MountainJKUnlimited
I ordered my 2012 JKUR on 8/31/11 and I have a couple questions:
I have my vin and I put it into the link that I found on here. This is what my status is:

Does this mean that my jeep started to be built on 9/8? I called today and the lady I spoke with said that she couldn't give me any more information than the fact that it was scheduled for build and in D1 status... I was trying to see if it was painted or anything new...
Also, I heard a rumor that you can order black leather interior, but when I called my dealership to see if it was too late for me to change from black cloth to black leather, and the sales manager said that black leather was not an option... is he lying or is it possible that it's not in the system yet, or that it's just a rumor?
I also read somewhere in this thread that someone called their dealership when the jeep was at the rail yard and got their dealership to get it a few days early...anyone know anything about this? My local jeep club has a fall run on 10/8 and I was wanting to get everything ready and be able to take my new jeep...
That means it was scheduled internally to be built on 9/8. The build will only take one day, and you'll only know when it was built after the fact (I status, built pending inspection), unless your dealer, who has access to its exact build position, calls you.

With your schedule, you can expect it to be built between now and 9/18. Generally when you reach D1, you cannot make any changes. There have been a couple reports of changes being made, but it seems very difficult, have to get factory rep involved, etc. My Jeep didn't have any dates except a ship date, which it missed by one day. I got it the next day, but I'm also only 1.5 hours from the factory. You being pretty far away, you have a lot of "potentials" for delay.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Browndog
I saw the color chart Saturday and Winter Chill looked nothing like this. It looked like a dark charcoal.

Dark Charcoal....sounds like I need to go to the dealer and see if I can get a look at that
Old 09-12-2011, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Browndog
no, its almost metallic white with a light tint of blue.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...lercolors.jpg/

Last edited by ylojelo; 09-12-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Quick Reply: 2012 Wrangler information thread