Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Wrangler information thread

Old 10-27-2011, 04:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This cant be correct....at the beginning of the week my status showed "build scheduled" and now today "shipping".

The jeep gods are playin with me, right?

BTW, order date was 10/10.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by borracho
This cant be correct....at the beginning of the week my status showed "build scheduled" and now today "shipping".

Damn my order got placed 10/6, if yours is really shipping I'm supper jealous! Who knows though could be.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
is anyone getting anywhere with detail ? i got first e mail that was it
i called and no one knows anything on the vin they say they dont get any info one hand dosent talk to other !!! its friccan stupid why tell us we will be kept a breast of frame paint all that crap and get nothing ! no build whats inside it or any info where its at ! the 1800 number is a waste of time also !
I'm still waiting, as well, and I've given up on getting any true information on build progression. From what I can tell, all you can rely on is getting to D1, and then having your Jeep on a train/transport. All the rest of the status codes you may or may not get, you can go from D1 to being delivered in a day. That's where I am now. My dealer is proving to be terrible, and not even bothering to look at the status, Chrysler's information number has lead me to talk to wonderfully nice people, who give me everything they know, but reality (based on MANY other postings) is the status beyond D1 isn't really useful, until you get to the 'on the train' level. Good luck and don't feel badly, you're in the same boat as many others are (including myself).
Old 10-27-2011, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tms4
Hey everyone,

So the 4-door JKU came out a year after my 2006 KJ (which has been a great vehicle in general), and I've been looking forward to trading up for a JKU for a while now. I'm new to the forum, and am looking for some advice on whether the Rubicon or Sahara would be better for me.

Since I'd be trading in my KJ, the JKU would be my DD. While I don't do much off-roading now, I've been watching the JK-project videos and they look fun; I think I'd like to try more of that if I didn't depend on the vehicle to get to work every day. That said, I live a hair west of the snow belt east of Cleveland, and drive through it nearly every day for either work or family visits (my family lives near Pittsburgh). We frequently have snow measured in many inches (if not feet) during the colder months of the year. During the spring we have a commensurate amount of rain that is sufficient to turn the streets into streams and flood out some cars that try to drive on them.

The Sahara has the option of the limited slip differential, and is a little cheaper. Those appear to be the only things going for it. I've been reading that the side steps are good at hindering the vehicle in deep snow, so I expect I'd want to replace them with rock rails immediately if I went that route. Also, the tire options for the Sahara's 18" wheels seem to be limited and expensive, and if I wanted to do much offroading I might have to replace those too. I like the look of the Rubicon with the black fenders and bumpers better, and wonder if the M/T tires may be better for the weather around these parts. I also suspect that the Sahara's limited slip diffs are more useful on snowy / icy roads then locking diffs. While we get some ice here, it is mostly lots of snow or lots of water on the days that aren't sunny (about 50%).

That said, I do care about ride comfort to some degree, and would prefer less road noise to more. But safety and
in poor weather and reliability take precedence over comfort. Replacing the Sahara's side steps with tubular rock rails brings the two models pretty close to each other in price, and future replacing the 18" wheels with 17" wheels woud bring them nearly to parity.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tim
Tim consider the sport s with 24s package. It has most of the feature of a Sahara with the rubicon wheels in a slightly different color.make sure to get the 3.73 gears and limited slip option it will be available with a decent at tread just under 33 inches. It will be a nice mix of the features you want and nothing extra. Rubicons are more for people that like to off road but aren't sure they want to mod. It does not sound like you need a rubicons capability so why pay for it.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ormandj
I don't even have a full VIN yet, only the last 8. Chrysler tells me they don't have the full VIN, and the dealership is telling me the same thing. Frustrating! Good luck on your jeep, hope you get it shortly.
That is wrong, if anyone has the last 8, the full VIN exist. There is never one without the other. Make sure they aren't confusing VIN with VON, the later being an acronymn for Vehicle Order Number.

Is there something you need it for? PM me.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JusticeForAll
2012 JKUR White
Auto
730n
Connectivity group
Hard top
Leather heated seats

I think I for everything but the tow group and the soft top.
I know JKUR is the forum verbiage for JK Unlimited Rubicon just thought you guys would like the Body Models

JKJS74 (24R) -Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Where T is located in the CPOS it is the transmission code 23? equals manual and 24? equals automatic.

JKJL72 (2TB)-Wrangler Sport "B" Package
JKJL72 (2TS) -Wrangler Sport "S" Package
JKJP72 (2TG) -Wrangler Sahara
JKJP72 (2TH) -Wrangler Arctic Edition
JKJS72 (2TR) -Wrangler Rubicon
JKJS72 (2T?) -Wrangler Call of Duty MW3 Edition

JKJL74 (2TB)-Wrangler Unlimited Sport "C" Package
JKJL74 (2TS) -Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S" Package
JKJP74 (2TG) -Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
JKJP74 (2TH) -Wrangler Unlimited Arctic Edition
JKJS74 (2TR) -Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
JKJS74 (2T?) -Wrangler Unlimited Call of Duty MW3 Edition

The Two Digit Codes for "Family" are as follows:
JK = Wrangler or 2DR
JL = Wrangler Unlimited or 4DR
Old 10-28-2011, 03:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by borracho

Originally Posted by runnerprairie
Damn my order got placed 10/6, if yours is really shipping I'm supper jealous! Who knows though could be.
Originally Posted by ormandj
I'm still waiting, as well, and I've given up on getting any true information on build progression. From what I can tell, all you can rely on is getting to D1, and then having your Jeep on a train/transport. All the rest of the status codes you may or may not get, you can go from D1 to being delivered in a day. That's where I am now. My dealer is proving to be terrible, and not even bothering to look at the status, Chrysler's information number has lead me to talk to wonderfully nice people, who give me everything they know, but reality (based on MANY other postings) is the status beyond D1 isn't really useful, until you get to the 'on the train' level. Good luck and don't feel badly, you're in the same boat as many others are (including myself).
borracho ordered 10/10 - What JK did you order? What Packages?
runnerprairie ordered 10/6 - What JK did you order? What Packages?
ormandj ordered 10/4 - JKR

I ordered 10/5 - JKU Sahara - Black, 24G, Auto, Remote Start, 430 Navi, Anti-Spin, 3.73, Tow Group, Dual Top, Connectivity. As of Wed 10/26 there was still no VIN# associated with my VON#. I'm not good at waiting...LOL
Old 10-28-2011, 05:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by S8credground
borracho ordered 10/10 - What JK did you order? What Packages?
ormandj ordered 10/4 - JKR

I ordered 10/5 - JKU Sahara - Black, 24G, Auto, Remote Start, 430 Navi, Anti-Spin, 3.73, Tow Group, Dual Top, Connectivity. As of Wed 10/26 there was still no VIN# associated with my VON#. I'm not good at waiting...LOL
Call and harass your dealer. I ordered on Sat. 10/22. Got a order confirmation yesterday, the 27th and got my vin today the 28th.
I called the dealer on Monday and went down to see him on Wednesday. He said I may not see a vin number for 3 weeks or more. I said that's cool, I'll be back in next week too see. Magically I started getting e-mails the next day. Maybe unrelated but a nice coincidence.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by simmons777
Call and harass your dealer. I ordered on Sat. 10/22. Got a order confirmation yesterday, the 27th and got my vin today the 28th.
I called the dealer on Monday and went down to see him on Wednesday. He said I may not see a vin number for 3 weeks or more. I said that's cool, I'll be back in next week too see. Magically I started getting e-mails the next day. Maybe unrelated but a nice coincidence.
Okay, so just got off the phone with my dealer/salesman. They had actually put in a call to Chrysler about a few orders that they had placed that had not been given VIN#'s yet. My particular order is being held up because of the color Black! Supposedly, they are having a pigment issue with the color, therefore Black is being held up. As for the Black that is already out there...that was a left over from last years models.

Guess I'll be waiting longer...
Old 10-28-2011, 07:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by S8credground
JkU rubicon black clear coat
4.10s
6 speed
engine block heater
heated seats
430n Navi,
Max Tow Group,
Dual Top,
Connectivity.

Quick Reply: 2012 Wrangler information thread