Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2013 Unlimited lift and tire help

Old 10-14-2013, 04:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Unlimited lift and tire help

Im looking into putting new tires and lifting my jeep on a budget. what im thinking is to have a 2 inch budget boost lift or possibly a 2.5 inch coil lift. With that i would like to throw on 35 inch tires (not too worried about getting a deal on these).

I have a wrangler unlimited sport. Im curious if i can fit 35s without cutting up my finders. I plan on using my jeep strictly for on road purposes, mainly to get me to and from work. Also would it be wise to up the gears or are the stock gears good enough to push me down the road?

If there are any suggestions for this set up, your input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:18 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by kahnah
Im looking into putting new tires and lifting my jeep on a budget. what im thinking is to have a 2 inch budget boost lift or possibly a 2.5 inch coil lift. With that i would like to throw on 35 inch tires (not too worried about getting a deal on these).

I have a wrangler unlimited sport. Im curious if i can fit 35s without cutting up my finders. I plan on using my jeep strictly for on road purposes, mainly to get me to and from work. Also would it be wise to up the gears or are the stock gears good enough to push me down the road?

If there are any suggestions for this set up, your input would be greatly appreciated.
2-2.5 inch lift is just fine for 35's especially for road use. Gears depends. My bro has 3.21 gears and 35" falkens and he says not bad and I've got 3.73's with nitto trail grapplers and its same not bad. If I had falkens like him prob fine. Ohh and depends if you have stick or auto. If on you profile I can't see it cause I'm on phone
Old 10-15-2013, 01:58 PM
JK Newbie

The four wheel parts guys are telling me i need a minimum of a four inch lift. the problem i had with them is on the lift kits they advertise, the 3 inch lifts say that they are meant to fit 35s. So i believe they discredited themselves. how ever they did inform me that a 2.5 inch lift wouldnt be enough because 35s would rub if i was to hit a bump.

any thoughts?
Old 10-15-2013, 02:32 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

You should have 4.5" BS (or less) wheels, and trim the pinch seams. Look at my sig: That works, no rubbing.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:53 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by kahnah
The four wheel parts guys are telling me i need a minimum of a four inch lift. the problem i had with them is on the lift kits they advertise, the 3 inch lifts say that they are meant to fit 35s. So i believe they discredited themselves. how ever they did inform me that a 2.5 inch lift wouldnt be enough because 35s would rub if i was to hit a bump.

any thoughts?

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-lifts-288269/ <click on this

I would say they don't know what they are talking about. Did they recommend a 4" rubicon express lift?
Old 10-17-2013, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

2.5 with 35s will be fine. Do it right the first time and get a coil lift vs. spacers.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you all for your input. I for one have never believed what the 4 wheel parts guys say. they seem to just care about selling parts and will try to trick anyone who doesnt do their research. so again i thank you all I was seriously doubting myself and starting to believe what they where telling me.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BillyJack
2.5 with 35s will be fine. Do it right the first time and get a coil lift vs. spacers.
^agreed I was back and forth with the coil vs puck and went with the TF 2.5 coil and shocks, I could not be happier
Old 10-17-2013, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-lifts-288269/ <click on this

I would say they don't know what they are talking about. Did they recommend a 4" rubicon express lift?
they did actually. I want to pick your brain. would the suspension uptravel be an issue on a 2.5" lift? especially with 35s?

Quick Reply: 2013 Unlimited lift and tire help