Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2014 Liberty/Cherokee kiss of death for the Wrangler as we know it?

Old 02-27-2013, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Yankee

I am still not sure if that is good or bad for the future of the Wrangler. Will these pavement pounders demand better ride/handling/mpg that causes Chrysler to destroy what makes it a Wrangler?

We shall see.
Sales figures will dictate that. If sales slow down, they are going to do what it takes to move these wranglers. The 4 door was one of those moves, I think. The wrangler will always be unique and built for offroad use. I don't think anybody can say the newest wranglers are less capable than previous generations.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

The 4-door also opened up the opportunity for Wrangler enthusiasts get in on the fun (or back in, for me). I had a 2-door JK in a previous life (with a previous wife!), and wanted another from the moment I had to let it go. Now that I'm married again (and she has kids), a 2-door was just not an option, and I could not drive a 2-door for work. With the 4-door, we can have one, and it fits perfectly in our life. I know I'm not the only one on here that falls into this category, so for us, a 4-door Wrangler is the only Wrangler of choice.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

I still feel negative about the wrangler's future after looking at this horrible cherokee... chrysler used to leave the wrangler alone, but that was before FIAT.
Now who knows.. I just hope the next wrangler turns out to be AMAZING!

Quick Reply: 2014 Liberty/Cherokee kiss of death for the Wrangler as we know it?