Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2dr n kid(s)

Old 11-18-2008, 05:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LedZepp877
when i have kids, they can ride in their mother's car....2 door all the way
....I'm with him!
Old 11-18-2008, 08:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my jeep is my weekend vehicle, for that reason a two door is great, I really wouldn't want to drive the jeep with my daughter and wife everyday. if I had to choose only one vehicle to have, I would have chosen a 4 door. it is really a pain to get in the back seat.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'v got both 2 & 4 door jeeps. when we go wheelin we get im my 2 dr. anywhere else we take my wifes 4 dr. its just easier; when you have all their junk to lug around you'll have the cargo space. my kids are 2 and 6 and you have to get into the back to buckle the litle one in. now my 6 yr old is able to buckle up his sister so its not as bad. 2dr is tolorable but the 4 dr is enjoyable. plus i'd rather have them trash my wifes jeep than mine. it seems like they always have to be eating or drinking something.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Kids were what held me back from getting a Wrangler before. Ok, let's be honest, my wife kept me from getting a Wrangler because of the kids. Then they released the 4-Door Unlimited.

Wife had no more excuses; Daddy has a new Jeep.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

4 kids, 2dr Jeep.

the Jeep is mine.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:21 PM
JK Super Freak

I think they do have the tumble and fold in the 09's

That being said, I would think about the 4 door. Just the space in the back makes it worthwhile to me.

Think about how easy it will be to put 1 or 2 kids in the back of your 2 door once it is lifted and with bigger tires. ( you know you are going to lift it, right?)
Old 11-18-2008, 01:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Captain Skippy
Save yourself some grief and get the 4dr. I bought a two door one year ago and I loved it. Kids are grown but I have three grandaughters who loved it also. But I couldn't fit them in the back seat at once. And the passenger seat doesn't flip up like the 2000 TJ I had. Quite a pain to get others back there. My wife liked it, but she wanted me to get a 4dr from the beginning and reminded me of that for a year. And she would not go on trips in it for being cramped. Plus I never had enough room for anything. So to make a long story short, I traded two weeks ago for a 4dr Sahara. The grandaughters are tickled and LOVE the room, wife is content, the sun is shining, and the birds are singing...
Skippy nailed it, I have a 2-dr Rubi, love it, will keep it...for now, my wife wants a 4-dr Rubi, love the fact they have three seat belts out back, more room, access for the kids. The seat not lifting up makes me freaking crazy on the JKs, on the TJ at least it made it somewhat easier. My girls are 12 & 14 and manage just fine in mine. I'll probably sell mine when we get my wife a 4-dr Rubi and then I'll buy me a new Z06 ...

But with a 1yr old in a 2-dr you could manage it's just a PIA with a car seat and trying to fit through the little area between the seat leaned up and doorframe, unless you plan on tossing the kiddo in the car-seat, jumping in the driver/pass side and then strapping said kiddo into place.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:10 PM
JK Junkie

I have 3 kids, so it was an easy decision. if I had 2 or 1 I'd still reccomend a 4 door though after having one. I find that I have used the extra space more times than I can remember and it's nice that the kids can get in and out by themselves. From a capability stand point the 4 door is just as capable and looks good top down, doors off as well. if you think you will ever need more space, then multiply that by 10 and you'll have the real number of times you'll need extra space.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had an 07 and now an 08 2dr,, dont have kids either,, but have neices and nephews.. They love climbing into the jeep,, would loose some of the thrill with doors back there.. The 13yr old girl hops over the side and is in faster than I can get in thru the door.. Oh,, the seat belt on the 08 is better placed so its easier to reah the back seat.. rumors are the seats in the late 09's or 10's will fold and tumble,, havent seen one yet tho.. as said above,, get two,, a 2dr and a 4dr..
Old 11-19-2008, 09:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sully151
I think they do have the tumble and fold in the 09's

That being said, I would think about the 4 door. Just the space in the back makes it worthwhile to me.

Think about how easy it will be to put 1 or 2 kids in the back of your 2 door once it is lifted and with bigger tires. ( you know you are going to lift it, right?)
you're thinking about the rear seats folding up and backwards with the headrest maybe, they do not fold up towards the dash like the TJs

Quick Reply: 2dr n kid(s)