Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2wd jk?????

Old 09-11-2011, 05:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blockrockin
started two wheel drive.. shinny chrome hub caps and all... but throw a rubi trans case and front axle and few other parts... and you got four wheel drive... but no it didnt come with a trail rated badge

2wd

4wd
Your JK must love you now. Well done!
Old 09-11-2011, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

started two wheel drive.. shinny chrome hub caps and all... but throw a rubi trans case and front axle and few other parts... and you got four wheel drive... but no it didnt come with a trail rated badge

2wd

4wd
Wow! That little girl grew up to be quite a woman! Good lookin rig!
Old 09-11-2011, 07:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by inverse121

Oh the irony of the above...

Why would someone want a front wheel drive convertible and why would you care what someone else wants to buy?

If you want a 4 door convertible for cruising, that sits heads and shoulders above the crowd, there is only one choice. You don't have to take your JK offroad to enjoy it. DC tried to broaden the market and it didn't work, but there is no need to put other forum members down that want one or have one. If they don't want 4WD or need 4WD, why should it matter?

If the only people that bought JKs were people that went offroad, it would be a defunct model.

How about some of you bad asses that keep putting the 2WD JK down, post up some pics of your JK in a situation where you needed 4WD?

I make it in 2WD 95% of the time, but when I need the 4WD its there. Offroading is not my hobby. My JK is my work vehicle. Here's a normal day at work in my JK...
I can care less what they buy. I don't make it in 2WD in the winter most times. I also wheel in the mud quite often, like I have been for the past 16 years with all my jeeps which are the only vehicles I ever bought for myself. It did sound like I flamed the original poster, sorry for that, that's how I feel about 2WD Wranglers and I won't apologize for that.
I also don't take a lot of pictures ....at all. I don't need to prove to anyone what I do with my Jeep.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jhol111964

If you just want a 4x4, buy an AWD Audi.....
My wife has an AWD Highlander, if I feel the need, ill drive that instead.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:16 PM
JK Newbie

2wd

4wd
If you can do that to it, (I don't have the knowledge to do so) then by all means. Very nice!
Old 09-11-2011, 11:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SeanFagan
That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard, a 2x jeep! Would it still have a trail rated badge?!!
Ever heard of a DJ-5?
Old 09-12-2011, 06:40 AM
JK Newbie

Mail truck
Old 09-12-2011, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by codymitt
Your JK must love you now. Well done!

I was thinking this would be a good reason to buy a 2 wheel drive. save money on the up front purchase. If you want a highly modded jeep why pay for parts you dont want. Why buy a rubi then put spidertrax axles and an atlas II transfer case in it?? You would be paying $4K more for parts you arent going to use.

That said I think if you just want a 4 door convertible to take into the country and go on some light trails like fire roads, a 2wd with a locker could be a very good choice. Put a winch on it just in case adn go have fun. You will probably pay the differenc eon the back end though. Resale will suffer. It does on trucks and most trucks do not even need 4wd.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jhol111964
Ever heard of a DJ-5?
My first car was a DJ-5. I was sixteen and couldn't afford a real jeep but DJs were cheap and plentiful at the time. I soon found out why. It was quite the turd, but it did help me learn how to turn a wrench, so it wasn't all bad.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Because I'm 18 years old love and that's all that my part time job can afford. I'm extremely happy with it tho. :p

Quick Reply: 2wd jk?????