Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

3 times in less than 1 year... going for a Jeep break-in record!

Old 06-07-2009, 09:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 times in less than 1 year... going for a Jeep break-in record!

It had been a few months, so imagine the relief I felt when my Jeep was finally broken into and burglerized for the 3rd time in less than 12 months. I was beginning to think that these cowardly theives didn't want my stuff anymore!

In all seriousness - man, what a freakin' drag. I live in a nice part of town, but the thieves travel to me. After now spending $1500 in a year on insurance deductables (there goes those new mods I'd had my eye on) - I'm ponying up for some security inside. Just ordered the Bestop Instatrunk, the Tuffy Glovebox and the Tuffy Center Console.

My favorite part of these instances of course are the weeks I get to go with a ripped up center dash and no radio or A/C (well, I could use the A/C - but it would just blow out of the gaping hole in the center of my dashboard).

Fun times...
Old 06-07-2009, 09:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couple months ago I got a new security system for my JK seems to work very well. It is called the SIG P239 .40cal, it even came with a nice sticker for the JK to let would be's know it is protected. I haven't had a single issue!!!!
Old 06-07-2009, 09:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 09rubicon
Couple months ago I got a new security system for my JK seems to work very well. It is called the SIG P239 .40cal, it even came with a nice sticker for the JK to let would be's know it is protected. I haven't had a single issue!!!!
Funny, I got the exact same one! No sticker for me though. I would like a "Protected by Sig Sauer" on the back.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine is the SP2022 .40 cal by Sig. They do seem to make a very dependable security system.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:48 AM
JK Newbie

I have the Tuffy glove box in my TJ... was out Friday night with the top off and someone rummaged thru my console.

Didn't steal a thing from what i can tell. Everything valuable, stereo faceplate, ipod, sunglasses, digital camera, were all locked inside. Suck on that scumbags.

By FAR one of the best little mods i've done. Probably will be the first thing i do when I finally buy my JK.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:02 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bitchincamaro
I have the Tuffy glove box in my TJ... was out Friday night with the top off and someone rummaged thru my console.

Didn't steal a thing from what i can tell. Everything valuable, stereo faceplate, ipod, sunglasses, digital camera, were all locked inside. Suck on that scumbags.

By FAR one of the best little mods i've done. Probably will be the first thing i do when I finally buy my JK.
Very glad to hear the Tuffy glove box works!

As for the .40 cal "mods" suggested... I'm just too lazy to go through Texas concealed weapons licensing... otherwise a 2 way-pager alarm system and a pistol would do the trick... though I'm a pretty heavy sleeper and these douchebags tend to do their work when I'm catching heavy ZZZZZZ's.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just had my jk broken into two nights ago. They got my new ipod. Apparently, they broke into several vehicles in my neighborhood and stole a car. They also tried to break into someone's house. I live in a nice neighborhood and this is the first major instance of crime that I have heard of in almost 5 years. It is a terrible feeling. The cops think that the thieves have some sort of universal keyless entry remote because none of the cars where damaged and most were locked including my jeep. I did not have the center console locked however and that is where my ipod was...what a drag is right! Hopefully the cops will catch these punks. They have fingerprints off several vehicles and they are going to check the local pawn shops for everyone's stuff. I wish I could get my hands on the thieves...trust me they would never be the same again.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:42 AM
JK Freak

Default They see it, they get it.

My experience (on & off the job), out of sight helps. No GPS mounts, no I-Pod chargers etc... Most b & e's are suspects looking for change, or a quick resale for drugs. (lock your cellphones and GPS by password), Observed two returned by pedestrians locating them in the roadway. However the worst are fellow Jeepers, stealing Bestop seat covers, bikini tops, half doors. (soft top owners, don't lock your doors, they only cut the windows). We are perfect victims in the summer, don't worry, the insurance companies know this, as we all pay extra.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:45 AM
JK Newbie

My security system is normally a Glock 23. Sometimes it is overshadowed by Kimber, .45 UC2...or oe of many retro AR15s.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:49 AM
JK Super Freak

yeh my factory horn doesnt even work so whats the point of a new security system

Quick Reply: 3 times in less than 1 year... going for a Jeep break-in record!