Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

4wd.com Complaint

Old 09-09-2008, 01:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4wd.com Complaint

Just wanted this to be out there so others in the community are aware. I placed an order for the rugged ridge headlight and taillight covers from quadratec the Friday before last and found out the headlights were backordered. From there I called 4wd.com to ask them if they had them in stock, I was told yes and they would ship out on Monday. So I cancelled the quadratec order and went ahead with the 4wd order.

Fast forward a week and a half later, I recieve another part from 4wd.com I ordered after the guards, so I call to find out the status on my guards. Come to find out the headlight *just* arrived today and the tail guard is backordered until the 19th. Sigh, is it too much to ask for a little bit of honesty when ordering something, at least quadratec told me it was backordered.

*Edit* Now that I'm thinking about it, the CSR I spoke to at 4wd did mention they get commission for sales, that probably explains the lie...sigh.

Last edited by ranwitscissorz; 09-09-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gunny
Im on commission and I dont lie. We deal with vendors , the cust wants part X so I call vendor A to get part and it's availabilty vendor A tells me 3 days: 3 days come and go and no part shows so I call vendor A again and am told 4 more days ...... so on and so forth. So you TELL me what should "I" tell the cust?
simple.

you don't tell the customer you have them in stock.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:24 PM
JK Junkie

Im on commission and I dont lie. We deal with vendors , the cust wants part X so I call vendor A to get part and it's availabilty vendor A tells me 3 days: 3 days come and go and no part shows so I call vendor A again and am told 4 more days ...... so on and so forth. So you TELL me what should "I" tell the cust?
x2 on this. I do all the purchasing and special parts ordering for our company and my venders are always screwing me. Then I have to explain it to the customer and they always think Im blowing smoke, when Im just being honest.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:28 PM
JK Freak

I would tell the customer, "The vendor says its in stock" not, "Yes, we have it in stock." We implies that the retailer I'm purchasing from has it, the vendor, implies the vendor is saying it is in stock. BIG difference.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:32 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by oZmonKey
simple.

you don't tell the customer you have them in stock.
Stock errors happen Im not saying thats what happenned, but it happens more then I would like it to with my venders. But I always keep my customers informed if that happens... and sometimes they still yell....
Old 09-09-2008, 01:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah well, I ordered these from Quadratec and there was no mention of back order until after the order was in. I did eventually get them though. Not really their fault though, these things were on back order everywhere for several months from the manufacturer. Every vendor was waiting to get them in. Seems like the jam has finally cleared though.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:02 PM
JK Freak

Some manufacturers on here are pretty good, when a vendor is having source-related issues, people have gone to the manufacturers to get results.

Just another alternative to the vendor (who is in the same boat as the buyer).
Old 09-09-2008, 05:40 PM
JK Junkie

When I used to have to work with customers I would always say that I will have to get it from a vendor who has it in stock. I should have it on X day, but until I actually have it in my hand I don't want to promise anything. If I don't have it by the day I was promised I will call the vendor and then if you would like I will call you and keep you updated.

This way you aren't saying that you have it in stock, and are putting onto your vendor, being honest with the customer, and as long as you follow up when you say you are and do what you say you will do then most customers are very understanding.

Usually cutomers aren't mad that you don't have the item in stock, they are mad that the sales person wasn't upfront and honest, and usually once they have the order the person who made the sale never follows up to make sure the steps that need to be completed to fulfill the order are actually taken.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like Quadratec,i ordered most of my stuff from there and when i returned my headers that i decided not to use they credited my account with no questions or problemsAlso when they have the item in stock it goes out right away.GREAT JOB GUYS at Quadratec
Old 09-09-2008, 06:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Littlejon
When I used to have to work with customers I would always say that I will have to get it from a vendor who has it in stock. I should have it on X day, but until I actually have it in my hand I don't want to promise anything. If I don't have it by the day I was promised I will call the vendor and then if you would like I will call you and keep you updated.

This way you aren't saying that you have it in stock, and are putting onto your vendor, being honest with the customer, and as long as you follow up when you say you are and do what you say you will do then most customers are very understanding.

Usually cutomers aren't mad that you don't have the item in stock, they are mad that the sales person wasn't upfront and honest, and usually once they have the order the person who made the sale never follows up to make sure the steps that need to be completed to fulfill the order are actually taken.
This is the reason I keep going back to quadratec, they tell me within a few hours normally if the item is backordered and if it is, I can call, get an estimate on the backorder and make a decision. 4wd took it upon themselves to say they had in stock, I don't know how their business works as far as supply, but when a retailer says I have it in stock, to me that means its sitting in a box in one of their warehouses.

Quick Reply: 4wd.com Complaint