Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

4WHEELPARTS beware

Old 01-31-2008, 04:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow this surprises me i have had nothing but great thigns to say about them i have used them for years now on all my tires and lifts. i blew a shock and they got me a new one right away. a rim came damaged they sent me a new one and paid for it to get mounted and balanced. plus i was able to keep the damaged one (free fifth wheel)

sux though

your ass better still be wheeling on the 10th thats all i have to say
Old 01-31-2008, 04:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man that bites, they did good for me on the order but not so good once I got it and needed to get the winch fixed. Thanks to Smittybilt as they fixed all of the issues promptly with no questions asked.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anyone have any contact info for procomp?? nothing on their website
Old 01-31-2008, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I didn't even include the fact that I haven't received the other Pro Comp gift card that I was supposed to get. Kind of like: "Check is in the mail"
Old 01-31-2008, 04:22 PM
JK Junkie

Hmmm...... Are they really a sister company of 4wheel drive? If so, maybe WOL can chime in?
Old 01-31-2008, 04:29 PM
JK Freak

same parent company owns both 4wheelparts and 4wd

its crazy how they went from giving me 1 new mounted and balanced tire and wheel to replace the one correct wheel, which the tire and wheel each cost over 250, to we'll give u $200 to nothing when I said thats not good enough, but he will refund the 56.20 for the lugnuts that never shipped or show on their invoice, and while I was on phone with him I had to send him my confirm email to prove to him that i got charged for them....BULL****
Old 01-31-2008, 04:47 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by tkob1060
same parent company owns both 4wheelparts and 4wd

its crazy how they went from giving me 1 new mounted and balanced tire and wheel to replace the one correct wheel, which the tire and wheel each cost over 250, to we'll give u $200 to nothing when I said thats not good enough, but he will refund the 56.20 for the lugnuts that never shipped or show on their invoice, and while I was on phone with him I had to send him my confirm email to prove to him that i got charged for them....BULL****
So here's what you do. Take the mis-match tire and wheel off, and put it on the spare. Try and get in touch with WOL, and see if he has contact info for somebody who will be able to be more helpful.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:55 PM
JK Newbie

Sorry to hear about this but thanks for bringing it up. I was going to pull the trigger tonight on an OME 2-3 inch lift and that was the site I was going to use... I'll shop around elsewhere.

This thread cost them $350...
Old 01-31-2008, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Boy, that does suck. Can't imagine why they do'nt send the four rims you ordered along with compensation of some type for your trouble's of having them mounted and hang on to a customer.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks!!!, sorry to hear about your problem. I'm also not too impressed with them, I ordered a set of Pro Comp alloys with Trxus mt's the last week in december, It took 3 weeks to get my wheels, I also was suposed to get a $100 gift card (haven't seen that yet), When I contacted them via e-mail about the gift card they told me it would take 3-4 weeks to get it, I told them it had been 3 weeks already, no responce. The only reason I complained about the time it took to get the wheels is because I've ordered wheels from other companies several times and always recieved them in a few days(2-3), This was my first and maybe my last dealing with them...

Wheelerbob

Quick Reply: 4WHEELPARTS beware