Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

7 Things That Make the Wrangler One of the Greats

Old 05-02-2016, 12:53 PM
JK-Forum Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7 Things That Make the Wrangler One of the Greats

With Jeep’s 75th Anniversary upon us, there’s even more reason to rave about the Wrangler.

Read the rest on the JK Forum homepage. >>
Old 05-03-2016, 03:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

so many ways to mod
Old 05-03-2016, 05:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

.... The way that they make dampened panties drop at the speed of light.

No other vehicle has gotten as many young men laid as the venerable Jeep CJ/Wrangler.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:28 AM
JK Newbie

Default Yea but...

I have a 2013 Rubicon we bought for off-roading. Although I love the way it can be configured I'm not impressed with the thin sheet metal body, a hard top that leaks and marbles in the transmission. I get tired of mine spending time at the dealership never getting fixed. I also get tired of hearing people say "of course it leaks, its a Wrangler".

Yes I know there are no other vehicles that can compete with the Wrangler but does that mean the owners have to accept poor engineering and low quality? I guess the question answers itself, people keep buying them.

Guess I expect more...
Old 05-03-2016, 08:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tjernagel
I have a 2013 Rubicon we bought for off-roading. Although I love the way it can be configured I'm not impressed with the thin sheet metal body, a hard top that leaks and marbles in the transmission. I get tired of mine spending time at the dealership never getting fixed. I also get tired of hearing people say "of course it leaks, its a Wrangler".

Yes I know there are no other vehicles that can compete with the Wrangler but does that mean the owners have to accept poor engineering and low quality? I guess the question answers itself, people keep buying them.

Guess I expect more...
Of course it leaks, it's a Wrangler!

Maybe you would be better fitted to the Nissan ProX4? I've wheeled with them and never had to help or wait for a lifted ProX4. And it's a hard top SUV with lockers.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by larry0071
Of course it leaks, it's a Wrangler!
...and clearly Jeep engineering, assembly and quality control cannot be held to the same kind of standards as everyone else. That's crazy talk! I mean, they've only been making removable top vehicles for 75 years after all. They can't be expected to get it right, can they?
Old 05-04-2016, 03:33 AM
JK Freak

Nope, no way. It's a freaking Jeep/Chrysler vehicle. If you wanted quality, you have the wrong product. Go buy a Toyota, Honda or Ford if you want quality.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Leaks,are,part of the tradition. 75 years and counting! Still a great experience.

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 05-04-2016, 09:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by larry0071
Nope, no way. It's a freaking Jeep/Chrysler vehicle. If you wanted quality, you have the wrong product. Go buy a Toyota, Honda or Ford if you want quality.
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) actually, and I would argue that Fiat actually added some quality, which is hard to comprehend.

I wanted to believe FCA could save Chrysler, but now I think the brand(s) may just be cursed. If you take the old FJ 40 approach (built, not bought), you will probably love your Jeep because it is re-built for you. It is unfortunate that Jeep (FCA) can't just build them well (V8, diesel, stout, actual roll cage, etc) for us, but I guess that is a Jeep thang.

Quick Reply: 7 Things That Make the Wrangler One of the Greats