Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

With all things being equal, should you order or buy off of the lot?

Old 08-30-2007, 11:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I visited a few dealerships in the last two weeks and they are all playing the high demand card. "We don't budge off sticker" is what the last one told me. I've always been bad at car buying but I refuse to pay sticker. It just seems to me that there will not be many around for awhile and the sales guys will hold out for the last dollar. I just have to get use to walking.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

I'm in Naples Fl., I ordered a 2008 Rubicon Unlimited Red Rock, $26,659 (Invoice) plus $500 and any options at invoice prices. I refuse to pay MSRP!!
Mine will have everything except block heater..(you dont need that in the Tropics).. I was lucky the dealer gave me their allocation!
Good luck!
Old 08-31-2007, 04:49 AM
JK Newbie

I just heard the best one yet. I have a quote for an 08 I want to order and this really nice dealer is going to sell it to me at invoice, but I want 4 wheel drive and it just so happens that it is more difficult to order a 4 wheel drive so the dealer charges a $1000 premium just ot order it. Where do these guys come up with this crap?
Old 08-31-2007, 09:02 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yoznarf
I just heard the best one yet. I have a quote for an 08 I want to order and this really nice dealer is going to sell it to me at invoice, but I want 4 wheel drive and it just so happens that it is more difficult to order a 4 wheel drive so the dealer charges a $1000 premium just ot order it. Where do these guys come up with this crap?
Unbelievable! Stay away from that guy!
Old 08-31-2007, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know I said I wouldn't post about it until I get it but ....

The deal fell through for a number of reasons, the number one reason was that my dealer couldn't get the jeep from the other one. It has been sitting on his lot for more than 2 months (I have the vin too) but wanted some spectacular trade w/ my dealer or so he claims. This is also after my dealer suddenly wanted $800 more because he insisted that the other dealer wanted a cash deal. Which one was it?? Since the deal was off I am going to order it from a closer dealer. However, the original dealer wanted to order the JK for me but I said no-no because he tried to stiff us the $800 + the closer dealer beat his price in any case and didn't try to screw me out of the trade-in value.

What makes me sad is that there is a JK Unlimited w/ everything I want in it but I can't find it. No other dealer I called has it or can find it. I went through many. I'm guessing that the this mystery dealer isn't a 5 star dealer therefore isn't coming up on my listings from Jeep.com.

Shoot me.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

Jeep.com is still stuck on the 2007 models. If you're looking for 2008's that they have in stock they don't show up.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sammer
Jeep.com is still stuck on the 2007 models. If you're looking for 2008's that they have in stock they don't show up.
It is a '07. I have just given up getting something soon and will order it tonight and try to be patient.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:45 AM
JK Newbie

Finally got it ordered last night. Woohoo! It's sad that you have to go to a dealer 2 hours from your home just to get an honest deal. Ordered an '08 4-door with 4X4 and the s package with the power convenience group. I know, candy ass buying power windows. I have crank ups in my work truck so I'll get my exercise still. They quoted me invoice at $24424 and out the door at $26700. I took the 2 hour drive and the drive out price was actually $50 less than what they quoted. These guys were $500 cheaper than anyone else I could find and were the only dealer that delivered what they promised.

Quick Reply: With all things being equal, should you order or buy off of the lot?