Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

American Outlaw Mirrors

Old 05-04-2012, 10:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American Outlaw Mirrors

Im getting mixed feelings on the American Outlaw Mirrors. Some say they are great while others say they move at highway speeds. They are not cheap, but I want mirrors that work not just ones to stay legal. Anyone have some used black ones they want to sell?

I dont want to go with Harley like mirrors but I have thought about it for the price.

Thoughts?
Old 05-04-2012, 11:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought mine used but not giving them up, sorry. They're worth the price, even if new.

Maybe worth watching this current thead, it's 1 vote for Outlaw (mine), and a few to Rugged Ridge Quick release.... https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...or-kit-230581/
Old 05-04-2012, 11:25 AM
JK Freak

Default I DO NOT recommend American Outlaw mirrors

I have these mirrors and I'm not happy with them at all. The attachment is great, but the mirror itself is horrible, I've used them about a dozen times and the driver side is completely lose and will not hold firm anymore. The passenger side mirror does not come in enough either, I had to put BIG oval mirrors so I could use them.

Overall, I think they are overpriced and do not last. You can see in the picture this past weekend what I'm talking about on the driver side.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57344902@N02/7135371907/
Old 05-04-2012, 11:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by holy_crap
I have these mirrors and I'm not happy with them at all. The attachment is great, but the mirror itself is horrible, I've used them about a dozen times and the driver side is completely lose and will not hold firm anymore. The passenger side mirror does not come in enough either, I had to put BIG oval mirrors so I could use them.

Overall, I think they are overpriced and do not last. You can see in the picture this past weekend what I'm talking about on the driver side.

Pop the red dime sized cover out, and tighten the nut.......
Old 05-06-2012, 03:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by westchester
Pop the red dime sized cover out, and tighten the nut.......
There is a way to tighten them?
Old 05-06-2012, 04:21 PM
JK Freak

I'm retracting my earlier statement, I am once again happy with my mirrors . Although the red cap suggestion did not work, there are three screws that by tightening them did the trick. The mirrors are great, and now that I have fixed them they are even better. Still too expensive though...
Old 05-06-2012, 04:30 PM
JK Super Freak

I have these and they are great. I originally made the ones from the project-JK write up, but they got annoying to take on and off when I was switching b/n doors and no doors. These mirrors go on in seconds and are easy to tighten up and keep you legal. Yeah expensive... but you get what you pay for. Just my
Old 05-08-2012, 08:03 PM
JK Freak

hxxp://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Outlaw/209310895769857

This is Randy's facebook (of American Outlaw products) I suggested he get on this site. I told him we would stop by his page and show him some love. Maybe we can get him on here and offer up some forum discounts too. Costumer service is very important to me, and he emailed me an answer to a question minutes after I asked it. Anyway, post a pic on his site and tell him what you like. I believe he is looking to give away a t-shirt. I "liked" his site and a couple of his products Im looking at picking up in the near future. Ordering the mirrors next pay check.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by knight1000
There is a way to tighten them?
Yes, they can be tightened. Mine came loose from use and looked the same as photo above. Remove the red cap, and I jammed a flat head screwdriver in the hole to tighten whatever bolt head is inside (hard to see what head it is)
Old 05-11-2012, 08:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm retracting my earlier statement, I am once again happy with my mirrors . Although the red cap suggestion did not work, there are three screws that by tightening them did the trick. The mirrors are great, and now that I have fixed them they are even better. Still too expensive though...
hahahaha crack me up man

Quick Reply: American Outlaw Mirrors