Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Any News on the 2012 JK?

Old 06-18-2011, 04:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bingbola
Holy cow!!! Talk about a buzz kill. It's all in fun. Didn't think some people would be so sensitive. The next time I try and make light of a situation that we r all having fun with on a "fun" jeep forum I will make sure u r not on so I dont ruffle ur feathers.

Geeezz

... no feathers ruffled ... don't sweat it
Old 06-18-2011, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Salmo trutta
Except for the one of the seats below, I don't think there are any more photos available of that particular Orange Wrangler that we haven't already seen, aside from a couple of shots from different but similar angles, at least that I saw. I noticed with a translator that someone else on that Chinese forum asked for more photos, and the OP wrote "Multiple images useless on this car". Seems that they are just as anxious for photos as we are. Pics of the blue Rubi at that seaport lot would be nice. I thought about trying to sign up to their forum to ask the poster some questions, but I doubt if it's possible or allowed. Besides, I don't really want my driveway to fill up with black Suburbans.

Here's one extra shot of the Jeep in question, that I haven't notice on any other U.S. website. That not to say it's not posted somewhere.

-- David
Thanks for the effort to dig deeper
Old 06-18-2011, 11:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by troyboy

I thought it was suspicious. Perhaps a photoshop? I can't tell.
Maybe it was just easiest to take the setup of the G.C so they can get it on the road... I hope they do this with the production model. Its nice to be able to hold the gear you want, especially if its a 5 speed.

The interior looks just like my 2011, no changes. You lose the left power plug but there is one in the center console (don't know how that compares to the 07-10 models).

All in all, I trust that whatever they decide to do with the powertrain and 4wd systems, it going to be in the interest of the off roader as compared to the mall Crawler.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hi

The auto shifter with -/+ looks to me that it is the same on this Australian Wrangler with 2.8-litre turbo diesel, five-speed automatic transmission (140kW & 460Nm)

From this review

http://www.caradvice.com.au/115250/j...imited-review/

Best regards from Sweden

Omar Brännström

Last edited by Omar Brannstrom; 06-19-2011 at 03:36 AM.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not trying to derail this discussion but I gotta ask. Anyone know what this aux light button this controls?

Old 06-19-2011, 07:09 AM
JK Super Freak

I remember that being brought up when people were talking about the euro diesel jeeps. If I remember correctly, its a requirement in some countries so you can change the angle of your lights for the freeway and what not so youre not blinding other drivers. Dont quote me on it though.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HumblePie
Not trying to derail this discussion but I gotta ask. Anyone know what this aux light button this controls?
Foglights maybe??
Old 06-19-2011, 12:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HumblePie

Hi

I have that on my suzuki Jimny

When You tow something heavy Your headlights goes up and could blind people, so this button lower the beam to more normal level.

Best regards from Sweden

Omar Brännström
Old 06-19-2011, 11:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Omar Brannstrom
Hi

I have that on my suzuki Jimny

When You tow something heavy Your headlights goes up and could blind people, so this button lower the beam to more normal level.

Best regards from Sweden

Omar Brännström
It could be for fog lights at the rear. 1 left rear 2 right rear and 3 for both turned on?
Old 06-20-2011, 12:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by danmojo82
I remember that being brought up when people were talking about the euro diesel jeeps. If I remember correctly, its a requirement in some countries so you can change the angle of your lights for the freeway and what not so youre not blinding other drivers. Dont quote me on it though.
This is right.

Quick Reply: Any News on the 2012 JK?