Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Any regrets on parts??

Old 06-16-2009, 09:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah my bestop highrock "wench" bumper

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/bestop-highrock-winch-bumper-bestop-crack-85792/
Old 06-16-2009, 09:36 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

superlift 2" BB with shocks, Terra Grapplers
Old 06-16-2009, 10:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, a lot of you guys don't like the Bestop safari, windjammer duster combo...

I just bought this, hopefully I will like it. I don't have the door rails, so I already know it's not going to be a tight fit. My mother-in-law knows how to sew very well, so I can always add more velcro straps to keep it from flapping... time will tell.

I hope I don't regret buying it like the others have... I just dropped nearly $500 on it.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK! I just got done reading all 32 pages of this. I bought my jeep a few months ago and have been doing research on how I want to fix it up. I think my research has paid off because I have not seen one of the items on my list on this thread. That will let me sleep better at night. Thank for ALL of your input.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:12 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. we just dont delete posts
2. I'm too lazy to clean it up, but thanks for the idea
Old 06-19-2009, 12:50 AM
JK Newbie

The Mopar slush mats.. knew after 3 days I threw money down a rat hole.. They are in the back rear for holding gas cans when necessary. bought the Weathertech at double the price and am now happy.

Also the Smittybuilt grab handles 14.99 - Thought they looked the same as Mastercraft. NOT - Should have thought more about it before buyingt. I dont know how much longer the driver side is going to hold, stretching thin now and looks ready to let go
Old 06-19-2009, 03:27 AM
JK Freak

Rampage front recovery bumper started to rust after two winters, Fab Fours rear bumper is rusting after one winter.......
Old 06-19-2009, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

great thread . . .

I agree on the bestop safari. I have a hardtop, no dually, so when I ordered out of Quadratec, I just ordered by what I saw in the picture. Little did I know It wouldn't have the fit and finish of the pic unless you have the door surrounds. ie. 170 bucks apeice. So I sent the safari back. I also didn't know you could use the freedom top fronts as a safari without the rear cab. I kept the duster and use my hard top fronts when i want . . . I like the duster part though, especially when I wanna make a multiple stop run to town. It's kinda like a trunk . . . .sure somebody can cut it, but it is better than wide open.

I regret the 24's with spinners too, oh wait I'm not that guy . . .

I regret the bestop trail cover . . . it's a great cover I guess, its just so heavy duty for my purposes (emergency cover, otherwise it's in garage), I wish I'd gotten a thinner more workable cover (like the covercraft). I still haven't removed the bestop from the pouch. I'm afraid I couldn't get it back in there if I do!!!
Old 06-19-2009, 08:35 PM
***erator

Rampage Hi-Lift jack mount. Rattles like crazy and has fallen apart. Jack is sitting in the back of jeep now. Contacted customer service about bracket replacement and they never even contacted me back.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by lv jk
Rampage Hi-Lift jack mount. Rattles like crazy and has fallen apart. Jack is sitting in the back of jeep now. Contacted customer service about bracket replacement and they never even contacted me back.
Couldn't agree more on this product. The provided hardware is a joke. Wing nuts and panhead bolts to secure a heavy piece of steel bouncing around on your tailgate?

Fugetaboudit!

Replacing the provided hardware with some real nuts, bolts and lock washers combined with some creative tweaking of the top "mount" solves most of the problem but it simply does not work as designed/shipped.

Quick Reply: Any regrets on parts??