Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Any regrets on parts??

Old 01-15-2011, 10:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepBobWinnipeg

I bought the Quadratech floor liners, front, back and cargo. (along with a bunch of other stuff) They are stiff and brittle in the cold, and the fronts slide around the floor. I like a floor mat to stay planted.

The fronts side front to back, not side to side... My wife has a hard time getting in the Jeep with these mats, because they move as she is trying to get in. So far, I am keeping the mats because I paid good money for them, but I wonder if there is a "safety" exposure here. I am no expert and don't know what to do with them.

I am surprised Quadratech would not only sell these, but actually put their name on it.
I picked up the mopar floor mats with tire tread design on them for front and back! They look as awesome as a floor mat can don't slide a RCH!
Old 01-16-2011, 04:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Post Products

Originally Posted by Takenithome
I picked up the mopar floor mats with tire tread design on them for front and back! They look as awesome as a floor mat can don't slide a RCH!
Got the same floor mats and love them. Worth the price! I got a 2.5 budget boost from rough country without the shocks. Wish the kit came with the rear track bar bracket. The rear end sits about 1/4 or so to the pass side. So had to spend 35$ on the teraflex bracket. Best money I spent is the "IN" channel wind deflectors for the windows. Kills the wind down by a lot when you are driving and have the window down. Plus I smoke and when its raining and I roll down the window water isn't dripping in! Put the clear bra on the front and the hood part fit good but tried the gill part and i ended up throwing it away after like 30 min of trying. Black door handle disk for the outside- good idea but the rear pass side fell off after 3 months and i cant find it. So I took the trunk one off and replaced it with a shit ton more double sided tape this time.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm starting to regret my 2.5 Teraflex coil lift. As I start to look at bumpers and winches I'm not looking forward to the loss in height. Besides, every time I walk into the garage my Jeep seems to be shrinking.

I have some 1" spacers on the way for now, but the 3" springs will probably be in my future.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

need to split this thread into categories too many pages!
Old 01-16-2011, 08:12 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by 762
Smitty built rear bumper and tier carrier. Im on my 3rd one. The post that holds the tier carrier to the bumper has been welded crooked on two and the third one is in route. It has taken two people to latch the tier carrier. Thus i cant get in the back of my jk unless i go over the back seat

Josh
You may want to try flipping the latch around. My friend has a Smittybilt and it wouldn't line up to close. The latch pin was to high to fit through the grooves. We loosened the bolt that secures the handle on, then slid the latch pin out. Then we loosened the two bolts on the part the pin goes through, then flipped that aluminum piece. bolted it all back together and it worked.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wolf Moon
So, this is my second post on this thread. I just did the "shorty antenna mod", and let me tell you - I'm not impressed. I wanted a shorter antenna because the factory one liked to tapdance on my KC windshield lights. That *tink*tink*tink*tink* gets old REAL quick! So, I got my new black 8" antenna from a link I saw in the Forum (shortyantennasource.com). NO complaints with the company in and of itself; it looks pretty sweet, and it solved my *tink* problem. The only bad thing is that when you cut your antenna in half, you can expect to cut your signal / reception in half as well. It works fairly well while I'm bombing around in town, but once I start to trek out into the boonies or up into mountainous / hilly terrain, it fades pretty bad, even though the longer, factory antenna still worked in said areas. Oh well... what can ya do?? I've seen where some guys will weave the factory antenna through their KC stone guard covers, but that doesn't work with mine, as I'm running the solid black smiley covers. If you're a big iPod user (like I am most of the time), then I guess it really doesn't matter.

I have the same problem, i went with the small antenna but I went to an IPOD dock station. Never listen to the radio anymore! So problem solved! For me.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:57 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by R n Y
Any thing that says Rugged Ridge on it... Quality control sucks, Customer service sucks more, never had to return products 2X before, E-mailed them so they could help,or make it right and no reply. Guess they don't need my money anymore.l
Really? I've been looking at the RR XHD bumper as I thought it was getting a lot of good reviews. Is this not the case?
Old 01-21-2011, 05:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedJK2
Really? I've been looking at the RR XHD bumper as I thought it was getting a lot of good reviews. Is this not the case?
I got the front and rear Rugged Ridge XHD bumpers and skid plate, bolted right up, no problem, and I thought they were very well made.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like my XHD. Tire carrier mechanism sucks but that's it
Old 01-21-2011, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Takenithome
These are one of my 'wished I hadn't bought' items. They look really nice but the coverage isn't very good and the rear tries to fly away with the doors off.

Quick Reply: Any regrets on parts??