Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

For anybody who thinks they paid to much

Old 02-28-2007, 06:59 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default For anybody who thinks they paid to much

This should make you feel better.

I went to pick up my new JK tonight (woo hoo!). The dealer had a beautiful black Rubicon on the lot for sale. Fully loaded $39,730. That's sticker plus a $5,995 a "Price Adjustment". I should have taken a picture of the sticker.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! What did the dealer charge YOU?

That price is crazy. No one should pay that much over sticker for a jeep.

-Mark
Old 02-28-2007, 09:51 PM
JK Jedi

Orange County, some fool will pay it. But he'll probably have a buttload of money so he's probably less of a fool than I.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I seen a rubi unlimited on ebay for that price but it had a lift and tires and not sure what else.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:35 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah... there are two right now at my service dealer (Buerge Jeep in L.A.). One RedRock Unlimited Rubi and one Silver-- both with Freedom tops and both with a 5k markup .

Everytime I pass the lot they're just sitting there. I give the sales guys crap about it when I come in for service ..... someone's got to break these guys and take those puppies for sticker!
Old 03-01-2007, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

If they set there long enough the dealer will come down on price. The longer they set there it starts to cost them money eventually
Old 03-01-2007, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

I won't patronize dealers that do crap like that.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by markderidder
That price is crazy. No one should pay ANY AMOUNT over sticker for ANY NEW CAR.

-Mark
there...I fixed it for you. People who pay over MSRP just to be the first kid on the block with the newest toy deserve a severe beating.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:27 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by doojer
Yeah... there are two right now at my service dealer (Buerge Jeep in L.A.). One RedRock Unlimited Rubi and one Silver-- both with Freedom tops and both with a 5k markup .

Everytime I pass the lot they're just sitting there. I give the sales guys crap about it when I come in for service ..... someone's got to break these guys and take those puppies for sticker!
It's hard to believe we're talking about paying full sticker price and thinking that is a deal. But, that said, I'm sure people (and even some on this forum) paid more than sticker and are still happy with their decision. The new JK and especially the Unlimited is so unique that if you want one you have to pay what the market requires. How many other 4 door convertibles can you buy in the US??
Old 03-01-2007, 08:21 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by markderidder
Wow! What did the dealer charge YOU?

That price is crazy. No one should pay that much over sticker for a jeep.

-Mark

I only paid $2,995 over sticker. Just kidding. Luckily, I got in on the DC Friends and Family program. Way back in 2006. I paid a few hundred over invoice, so some have still done better (Costco Deal). As result, I did not have a choice about what dealer to use. The guys at DC HQ picked the dealership for me. I hate going to the dealerships. So it was nice, that my first visit was to pick up my JK. I believe that the Rubi is no longer available through the Friends and Family program though.

Quick Reply: For anybody who thinks they paid to much