Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anyone finance their jeep through a credit union?

Old 11-15-2011, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK11Miami
The dealership offered me 7.5% at first. When I told them my credit union offered my 3.99% they were able to match it through B of A and acted like they did me a favor. Lesson learned: Never trust the dealer's financing guy.
Absolutely! There are two negotiations you do when you buy a car. The first is the purchase price. The second, which most people don't even think much about is the financing and insurance. In most dealerships the F&I guy makes at least as much, if not more, profit for the dealership than the salesman. If they can finance you at, say, 4% but tell you the rate is 6% and you agree to that they get some of that extra $. Then there is the extended warranty, tire warranty, gap insurance, vehicle locator service... Lots of other vectors for profit for the dealership.

Shop - and finance - smart, people.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what is so different about a credit union versus a bank? I know this is kinda a hijack, but Ive been wondering and just kinda wanted to know. And at 17 percent you might as well buy the jeep with a credit card!

Quick Reply: Anyone finance their jeep through a credit union?