Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anyone install the xrc flares yet?

Old 01-31-2009, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone install the xrc flares yet?

so i had a little accident and i now need to replace my fender flares cheap the Xenons were my first choice but 550 for a set is a little much since im about to get laid off....i cant seem to find a factory replacement for under 300 for everything but the liner. so i found the XRC fender flares which i believe is a set of four at 4wheelparts for $319.99 but their photos suck and i cant find a good pic of how they will look head on or side profile.... so anyone get these yet or heard good or bad things about them?

Last edited by aclokwerk; 01-31-2009 at 04:24 PM. Reason: i cant spel...lol
Old 01-31-2009, 04:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Sorry to hear about the accident and the possible job loss.

Saw some pics on the Smittybilt site. The fronts seem to have a serious sag in the middle (up next to the body).
Old 01-31-2009, 05:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Thought I would also mention that I still have my stock fenders. They do have Herculiner on them, so you might not be interested. (Some people love it while others don't).
Any way, since you are in a bind, if you are willing to pay the shipping from Oklahoma you can have them.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

thats awesome....got any pics of them? pm sent as well...
Old 01-31-2009, 05:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

just if your curios as to why i need them....

well my jk meet my xj....dont ask...remote start gone bad...hit the wrong button...yes it sucks but no one died so...time for upgrades to the jk.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

the xj ended up sitting ontop of the jk's bumper....bent the front quarter pannel...

it does suck to be laid off but life goes on...
Old 01-31-2009, 05:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Ouch!! That sucks.

Pics: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/bedlined-tub-fenders-60107/
Old 01-31-2009, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Strong Bad
yet another reason why not to have a remote start on a stick...so far its only cost me 100 dollars for the repair costs so far, and since i also hit my 2nd jeep i only have to replace the neighbors taillights on his beater truck that got pushed into traffic...got damn lucky....
Old 01-31-2009, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by aclokwerk
yet another reason why not to have a remote start on a stick...so far its only cost me 100 dollars for the repair costs so far, and since i also hit my 2nd jeep i only have to replace the neighbors taillights on his beater truck that got pushed into traffic...got damn lucky....
my friend was leaving work one day and there was a bunch of guys standing in the parking lot looking down the bank into a stream next to the parking lot. remote start and manual trans got it there while he sat in his office letting it "warm" up.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

they only thing that prevents a manual trans from starting on our jk 's is the clutch sensor and the sentry key system i had to give up my spare key to get it to work... we wired mine so that the e brake has to be on for it to work...i simply hit the wrong button on the remote i had parked it in 1st gear......so no its not fool proof and the only damage would have been my front bumper had i parked my jeep where i normally do which is in front of a 5 ft tall cinder block retaining wall. so lesson learned.....
Old 01-31-2009, 07:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SONIC
Im a little lost. Did you bypass the JKs feature that keeps it from starting in gear?
it will start in gear if in 4 low without pressing the clutch in as well weird i read that somewhere on the forum and i tried in one day on the trail.... but otherwise it will start in gear but only if the clutch is depressed if it has not been bypassed....

Quick Reply: Anyone install the xrc flares yet?