Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anyone pulled over for running beadlocks on the street?

Old 05-08-2013, 07:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone pulled over for running beadlocks on the street?

Hasn't happened yet, which is the reason I keep my OEM's just in case I have to "fix" it. I know mine are not DOT approved, but there is also no specific legislation in California prohibiting them. Just wondering if anyone has had that happen to them?
Happy Wheelin'!
Old 05-09-2013, 08:48 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DesolationMania
Hasn't happened yet, which is the reason I keep my OEM's just in case I have to "fix" it. I know mine are not DOT approved, but there is also no specific legislation in California prohibiting them. Just wondering if anyone has had that happen to them?
Happy Wheelin'!
I have driven highly modified JK's through CA, UT, WY, AZ, NM and TX with no issues about beadlocks....
Old 05-09-2013, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

Most cops don't even look for Beadlock or even know they Are illegal. My friend on LI has walker Evans and I was with him when he got pulled over for running a red, cop didn't say a thing about the wheels

Sent from my carrier pigeon
Old 05-09-2013, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

There are so many "street" locks or "mall" locks as i call them, (simulated beadlocks) that are DOT approved i doubt any cop would have a clue what a fake vs real beadlock looks like. Ive run Allied and now Trail Ready beadlocks for years and never been questioned by law enforcement.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:32 AM
JK Freak

I am thinking about selling my OEM's. Wife keeps bitching about the space taken up in the garage. I jusdon't wanna get rid of them and find out I get pulled over the very next week. Reassuring news here if I do.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:11 PM
JK Newbie

If ya have any jeeper friends im sure anyone would be more than happy to lend you their wheels for a day to pass whatever inspection type situation you would have to prove you took them off..
Old 05-09-2013, 03:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My thinking is if a police officer actually knew what they are he must be a fellow off roadworks and more than likely you ll end up w a compliment instead of a ticket
Old 05-09-2013, 03:31 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So many street locks out there that it's really hard to tell the real from the make believe so I think it's would be hard for law enforcement to know if your are running the real deal. We've run them for three years and did a 6500 mile across country with no issues with our beadlocks.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Thugmufin
If ya have any jeeper friends im sure anyone would be more than happy to lend you their wheels for a day to pass whatever inspection type situation you would have to prove you took them off..
That's a good point. Sure would make a little more room in the garage, not that I'm dying to "give in" to the wifey.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
So many street locks out there that it's really hard to tell the real from the make believe so I think it's would be hard for law enforcement to know if your are running the real deal. We've run them for three years and did a 6500 mile across country with no issues with our beadlocks.
This, and the fact that most of them would never think to look for something like this anyways..

Quick Reply: Anyone pulled over for running beadlocks on the street?