Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Attn: Moderators, WayOfLife

Old 02-27-2007, 07:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attn: Moderators, WayOfLife

Just noticed the increasing frequency with which spammers are hitting the forum... I'm sure there's not an easy fail-safe way keep this from happening, but wanted to comment that the number of "auto-generated" spam posts seems to be growing... some of them are pretty obscene, and really makes me worry about accessing the site from work (at lunch, of course ).

Any idea where this trash is coming from? Anything us users can do to prevent this? Just wanted to draw some attention to the issue. Thanks again, WOL, for a great site.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:10 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Sorry MJS_Jeep_888, I really am sorry that you have to see any of this spam crap at all and I really wish there were something that could be done (like take a baseball bat to the kneecaps of the jerkoffs that create all this spam) but unfortunately, the most that my moderators and I can do is to do our best to find and remove both the offending posts and users from this forum as quickly as possible. Believe me, it really is a PITA job and I really am grateful to my moderators for voulenteering to do the great job that they do. As for you or anyone else that's reading this goes, you can help by NOT responding to any of the spam threads. They just confirm to the spammers that the post is a good link and they will come back with more.

I hope you can bare with us and hope you'll continue to be an active member of JK-Forum.

Sincerely,
Eddie
Old 02-27-2007, 08:15 AM
JK Jedi Master

You can also pm the mods that are on the board at the time and let us know.

Our names are highlighted at the bottom of the forum.

Currently Active Users: 102 (58 members and 44 guests)
Most users ever online was 139, Yesterday at 10:01 PM.
Piginajeep, Area-51, armycop, Augie, balonywolf, benmar2000, BigO, blatod, bleblanc, bleedbeat, BLKRUBI, CMac, cmb396, cmh273, crazy4sip, Dante, Daryl Meece, DebnJohn, DeezUU, DPJK, DTCVTC, duck1, duffman, GatorGreenJK, Ge99ne, GrayStoneRuby, griffm3, HappyCurmudgeon, hipfan39, Jake_Blues, jameswharton, jeffmarion, JK-ing, jpfreak, jpj2176, KiltedJK, Living Still, LordEgg, Major Ho, Managain92, MikeReo, mikesjeep, misfit, MJS_Jeep_888, nam6869usmc, osclib2, PhilD, reddryder12, redWRANGLER, renegade1000, Roadtrip, Rubimon, shrockworks, Woods, Zuknasty

Last edited by wayoflife; 08-30-2007 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:16 AM
JK Junkie

Talking

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Sorry MJS_Jeep_888, I really am sorry that you have to see any of this spam crap at all and I really wish there were something that could be done (like take a baseball bat to the kneecaps of the jerkoffs that create all this spam) but unfortunately, the most that my moderators and I can do is to do our best to find and remove both the offending posts and users from this forum as quickly as possible. Believe me, it really is a PITA job and I really am grateful to my moderators for voulenteering to do the great job that they do. As for you or anyone else that's reading this goes, you can help by NOT responding to any of the spam threads. They just confirm to the spammers that the post is a good link and they will come back with more.

I hope you can bare with us and hope you'll continue to be an active member of JK-Forum.

Sincerely,
Eddie
Dude - you couldn't STOP me from continuing to be a member, unless I was a total pr1ck like Paragon was, and basically forced your hand in the matter. I love this site, and figured that by starting a thread about it, you could let me (and everyone else on the site) know that you were aware of the issue.

Thanks once again for providing such a great online presence for all of us - this site is awesome, and I'm proud to be a small part of it.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is also a little button on the bottom left corner to report posts

looks like this
Old 02-27-2007, 08:53 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by jeffmarion

looks like this
I have used that button a couple of times and the post were removed relatively quickly.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeffmarion

looks like this
That's good to know.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:06 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah... these spammers are a real PITA. Like Piginajeep said, feel free to PM us when you spot a spammer and we'll keep on deleting them as fast as we can!

(On a positive note-- these spammers are clearly a result of this site's continued growth and success!)
Old 02-27-2007, 06:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by doojer

(On a positive note-- these spammers are clearly a result of this site's continued growth and success!)
I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing.

Also, I'd like to thank WOL, doojer, piginajeep, rubimon, and Papabear for keeping this a great site. Nice job, thanks.
W/o you guys, I don't know what this site would look like.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:30 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by AZCA jeeper
I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing.

Also, I'd like to thank WOL, doojer, piginajeep, rubimon, and Papabear for keeping this a great site. Nice job, thanks.
W/o you guys, I don't know what this site would look like.
I know for sure you would all have a crap load of waterspots on the side of your Jeeps! Oh yeh, I also provide the crappy jokes!

Quick Reply: Attn: Moderators, WayOfLife