Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Auto or Manual

Old 01-30-2013, 01:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went auto on my 2012, I drove the stick and the clutch felt like you were stepping on an old banana. Worst clutch I have ever felt, there was no feedback from the new hydro clutch. I loved the clutch in my 91 Comanche don't know why they took the feel from it in the new one. I may be spoiled since we have a Honda S2000 and the clutch in that feels as responsive as the old Tillton race clutches.
Paul
Old 01-30-2013, 02:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes I have to say the clutch is numb no feedback at all. Took me a day to get used to it but after I burn this baby up I will get a heavy duty clutch and probably mess with the adjustment screws to get it to my needs. Getting an auto is like cutting the nuts off an animal. Yeah it will still do what it needs to do but its going to not be as happy.

Plus why do I need a computer to tell me when to shift? I have my Left foot and right hand for that.

Quick Reply: Auto or Manual