Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Axle Recall...

Old 04-15-2011, 05:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cunnart

When you find one of these that is something else besides a lube jockey let me know. Most of them are flag rate which creates different but similar issues.
ow ya......not that they are bad people..but that is how they make a living slam and jam vehicles in and out......I just do it my self even if it costs me a little bit more.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SLVR07
ow ya......not that they are bad people..but that is how they make a living slam and jam vehicles in and out......I just do it my self even if it costs me a little bit more.
Ya i would rather not have anyone else work on my junk either but I don't own a torque wrench and the recall notice is not specific as to which parts need to be checked. "some" suspension bolts is pretty generalized and I'm not entirely sure which bolts they mean when they say axle fastener bolts
I do hope this is the last time i have to take my jeep to the dealer though.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Green-man
Oh and no lift yet so i should be in the clear if they were to try and be dicks about not warrantying it. Funny thing is it's a safety recall and I have to wait damn near a week before they have me booked in!!

I don't get what you're worried about. A safety recall is just that -- a recall. If your VIN is recalled, the issue will be fixed at no charge. It doesn't have squat to do with a warranty.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Splash
I don't get what you're worried about. A safety recall is just that -- a recall. If your VIN is recalled, the issue will be fixed at no charge. It doesn't have squat to do with a warranty.
Ya i hear ya, not really worried about it though. I just hate leaving my jeep there on a work day it's a real inconvenience and usually they take all day with it. Plus I see the guys...(kids) working in there and lets just say, I don't feel very confident in their abilities sometimes ha ha.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Green-man

Ya i would rather not have anyone else work on my junk either but I don't own a torque wrench and the recall notice is not specific as to which parts need to be checked. "some" suspension bolts is pretty generalized and I'm not entirely sure which bolts they mean when they say axle fastener bolts
I do hope this is the last time i have to take my jeep to the dealer though.
And my wife tells me that most people are not as picky as me.......she may be wrong when it comes to the jeep community.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SLVR07
And my wife tells me that most people are not as picky as me.......she may be wrong when it comes to the jeep community.
you said it man. These are our babies were talking about here ha ha.

Quick Reply: Axle Recall...