Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

A bad time to have the top down and doors off

Old 06-22-2010, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i drained roughly 30 gallons of water out o fmine last thursday. and the weather gave 0% chance of rain. seriously.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

Where I go to work nobody really travels on during the weekend. One Saturday I had to come in and noticed a deer that had been hit the night before. It was off to the side but looked fresh and didn't smell. It rained that night. Monday I drove by and it was still there. Wasn't quite as fresh this time. I only had the sunrider open but it was brutal. I'm just glad I didn't hit it
Old 06-22-2010, 09:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No pig farms around here, but driving without doors in heavy Rain sucks due to a design fault. Ideas anyone ?? I'm doorless most of the time and not usually one to moan, but this really iritates :

I expect to get wet when doorless and dont mind drying out, but would appreciate hearing if anyone has a good tip to prevent the rain pouring off the side of soft-top and straight down into the footwells (either the soft-top should be a couple of inches wider, or footwell kickplate angled).

I've a 12-inch length of wood in garage so once parked, the wood balances on rock rails and deflects rain out. Any better ideas ? Cheers
Old 06-22-2010, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

No pigs yet, but I always right lane it, in traffic, if the weather looks odd.

Don't wanna get caught in the left lane, in a downpour, going 5mph.

In the right lane I can just over at anytime...
Old 06-22-2010, 11:05 AM
JK Freak

Paper Mill

If you don't know what that's like congradulations.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 07redjk
well i was goin to my moms house thursday and of course like usual got stuck in traffic. that is not the bad thing. the fact i was stuck behind a truck full of pigs is what sucked. god that was the worst smell in the world, i tried my best to get away from it but never could get away untill i got through the tunnel... just wondering if any of you guys have had the same problem
Hahaha. Serious JEEP FAIL, dude!
Old 06-22-2010, 03:47 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nikbass
Paper Mill

If you don't know what that's like congradulations.
i live near a paper mill. my dad has worked at it long befor i was born so paper mill doesnt really stink to me anymore. and today i got caught in a down pour today on the way to school i was topless and doorless the only reason it sucked was the rain on the inside of the windshield
Old 06-22-2010, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

hit a skunk one night coming from work...i had the soft top on with out the windows..had to go to a car wash to wash off the ugly smell...didnt work...a friend of mine told me to use some milk to wash it off..5 gallons later it worked...i run the hard top now when i am working late...
Old 06-22-2010, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up Downpour

In about 1994, I was driving in a borrowed (79?) CJ7 topless/doorless I got caught in a summer thunderstorm about 30 min from home.
I stood in font of the store for a few minutes under the overhang then thought screw it... I have to get home. The storm didn't appear to be going away soon.
So I drove it.
And I loved it!

That's when I fell in love with the Jeep. And waited 14 years to get one of my own.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

...i've been behind 'livestock' trucks on beautiful cloudless days on the Harley and swear i felt rain...that ain't rain man.

Quick Reply: A bad time to have the top down and doors off