Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

A bad time to have the top down and doors off

Old 06-24-2010, 04:06 PM
jmc
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rripror
...i've been behind 'livestock' trucks on beautiful cloudless days on the Harley and swear i felt rain...that ain't rain man.
thats horrible.

One night on my way out to a bar I got hit in the face by a sprinkler system that just happened to be making a sweep out into the street as I was driving by. I swore some punk had gotten me with a water gun, then I turned and saw the sprinkler system on and had to swerve to miss the next one. Then later that night two friends were driving me back home, as I was passed out in the back seat, and the passenger got hit in the face also as she was having fun hanging her head out the door. She wasn't very happy after that.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKNIGHT
hit a skunk one night coming from work...i had the soft top on with out the windows..had to go to a car wash to wash off the ugly smell...didnt work...a friend of mine told me to use some milk to wash it off..5 gallons later it worked...i run the hard top now when i am working late...
I have ran over dead skunks. I have some stuff that will kill skunk smell. I have never had the skunk smell bad on my car but it worked. I mainly bought it to use on Cat piss when a cat was locked in a clients garaged. the smell went away instantly. I just hope that no cat ever does piss in my Jeep . that will be the ultimate test i guess
Old 06-24-2010, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

ha. Ive been rained on 4x's. never trust the weather man! the worst as 2 weeks ago. a freak storm hit SA and man did it pour! good thing i removed everything before. also ive ran over 2 skunks in one night. the first one ran at me, idk why, and immediately washed it. smell gone. i then drove around "air drying" and while looking down to change my music i hit the second one. smelled for weeks! pigs arent that bad
Old 06-25-2010, 11:18 AM
JK Newbie

...i've been behind 'livestock' trucks on beautiful cloudless days on the Harley and swear i felt rain...that ain't rain man.
thats just horrible
Old 06-25-2010, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Right there with ya brother... coming back from San Diego. It will make ya think twice before you lick you lips going through the desert.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:57 PM
JK Newbie

I got stuck in a hail storm last weekend. The hail wasn't large enough to do any damage to my JK, but it was definitely an uncomfortable experience!
Old 06-27-2010, 05:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cigarette smoke, exhaust, dead skunks.

Quick Reply: A bad time to have the top down and doors off