Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Beat this

Old 02-01-2011, 08:01 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by DCJEEP
... As fr global warming go check out a glacier and see how much they have melted in the past few years.
Huh? Not certain what elicited that remark. Maybe this one in Nevada that my son and I hiked to would do ...

Or perhaps these in Montana (actually about ten miles south of the Canadian border) that we climbed to ...

There are others (Rainier comes to mind), but no pic's on the Internet to share. Still puzzled why the shot at me about glaciers and global warming. I've kept my opinions uncharacteristically to myself.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 02-01-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It wasn't directed at you. I was to last to make another post. I just woke up.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:27 AM
RLT
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerrod710
Global warming has always been bull! It was something people just came up with do they could receive money donations and government funding or assistance. Now they are saying the pole is moving south, come on. Guess enough people have caught on to the global warming scam so they need to come up with something else go get people's money. It's all bull!
Yeah they've caught up.. its now called 'climate change' so any weather event can now be attributed to this.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Raised in Broken Arrow, Ok and now living in Helena, Mt the weather is alot different. It is -10 today without the windchill but we still get out and go clean the barn with the kids. We do dip down into the -35 and -40s and when it gets to the +30's I tell the wife it is spring time. No it doesnt get as cold as some places but it also doesnt get in the 90's but a couple days a year and it sure doesnt hit 100's. I would take the negative degree's over the humidity and 100's even though I do miss the 4 seasons. as for global warming well everyone has there own opinion on that
Old 02-01-2011, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rawb77

Does the "C" stand for Canada?
The "C" stands for Celsius
Old 02-01-2011, 08:47 AM
JK Newbie

-42 this morning with the wind....fml, but it's ok because it's warmed up to a balmy -38. Gotta love that hot sun at high noon.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:49 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by DCJEEP
It wasn't directed at you. I was to last to make another post. I just woke up.
Shucks. And I was working on throwing up my pic's of Mt. Shasta from the summit of Lassen Peak. But, no problem. I'm going to sit out the debate on global warming. Not that I don't have an opinion, but just feel it's a subject better suited for A&E.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:50 AM
RLT
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rafi
its funny that people think global warming is BS because it still hits -60 in some parts of the world. yeah no shit. if it happened instantly we wouldnt be typing on a computer in our comfy chairs. its much deeper than that. just because its -50 somewhere doesnt mean the earth in general isnt getting warmer.

why do you think this winter has been so active and some would say historic? there is a huge difference in temperature from those artic blasts that we are getting, and all of canada is dealing with. then a sudden line where people in TX, AZ, FL, and the southern states have their top off and its 80.

the differences in pressues are making things go wild. im not supporting any political person. hell, honestly i have no idea who even said it that got the people all riled up about it a few years ago. there are facts out there that no one can deny. many say its just a cycle, man say all sorts of things. reguardless, the eco system, and the weather is telling us something is up

i hate the politcal aspect of it, because people take sides so quickly when a human face or a poltical figure is involved.

2010 has was the warmest year globally in hundreds of years.

you guys hearing about the rain thats been coming down in australia? they got like 3+ feet of rain after it was already flooded like crazy.

Im dont think its a something serious we will ever experience. but we will get a small taste of what our grandchildren will deal with.

its not politcial anymore, its scientific. basic, quick info..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROZJmX73FF4
Floods in Austrailia have happened many times before in this area. Thats why many homes are built off the ground.
No one is addressing the main possible aggravator 'over population'
No point in being 'carbon frendly' when countys are still breeding like rabbits.
We are getting taxed to death over here with so called emission taxes.
Its just a another new tax... we've seen it all before, had a history of them from bankrupt Govts. of the past. Window taxes, hat taxes, wig powder taxes etc
At the moment it is a political tax with all the propaganda that goes with it, cos they need the cash...
Old 02-01-2011, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Shucks. And I was working on throwing up my pic's of Mt. Shasta from the summit of Lassen Peak. But, no problem. I'm going to sit out the debate on global warming. Not that I don't have an opinion, but just feel it's a subject better suited for A&E.
Lol yea back on track everyone. Us Edmonton people just want to know were not the only people freezing
Old 02-01-2011, 12:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Riptide
Block heater is standard on most (if not all) Canadian vehicles. The oil pan heater was my first mod. That with synthetic oil throughout, and I don't have any issues.
Nope I havn't had a block heater in a car since the early 90's, even my golf tdi doesn't have a block heater, (no interior heater either in these temps) -18 c this morning, crank the jeep and go, a fair bit of transmission whine but no engine issues.

Quick Reply: Beat this